Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

here's a moral wammy?

if you witnesed a person murder some one ,then as they made their escape they weher hit by a car (hit and run style) would you help them?

Favorite Answer

What you have here isn't so much a moral whammy as divine justice. To live up to my moral code I would have to call 911 to report the hit and run, and the murder. And I'd testify against the murderer and the hit and run driver if either/both went to trial. For me not to do so would make me as morally corrupt as both the others.

If you witnessed the murder itself you should call 911 and turn the bastard in, if they did get hit by a car i would help him and get the info of the car so that everyone has there day in court!! There now that's not so hard!

• M L

Yes. I would try to get the plate info of the car, perform whatever aid I could, call 911 and give all the information I had to the emergency crew and the authorities. My conscience would be clean.

Karma baby its a major bit ch.

But aren't in some states there are good Samaritan laws. Anyone remember the Seinfeld episode. Where they are went to jail, for not helping during a carjacking.

Personally. I wouldn't do anything, not my business. I would just keep on walking, as if nothing happened. If it doesn't personally effect me, then I not going to worry about it.

certainly. i'd call 911 to arrange for emergency care to be sent and to inform them of a murder occurring. this way you'd be killing two birds with one stone. good ethics question.

• Paul H

Sure... and I report that I just saw them murder someone. End of moral dilemma.

• Yes I believe I would. He can face the music when he gets well enough.

Of course, the family deserves to know why they did it, so justice can be done. Besides if its THAT serious you're not going to save them anyways.

Dude, why would you watch the person murder somebody?

I would call 911.