promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

here's a moral wammy?

if you witnesed a person murder some one ,then as they made their escape they weher hit by a car (hit and run style) would you help them?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What you have here isn't so much a moral whammy as divine justice. To live up to my moral code I would have to call 911 to report the hit and run, and the murder. And I'd testify against the murderer and the hit and run driver if either/both went to trial. For me not to do so would make me as morally corrupt as both the others.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you witnessed the murder itself you should call 911 and turn the bastard in, if they did get hit by a car i would help him and get the info of the car so that everyone has there day in court!! There now that's not so hard!

• M L
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Yes. I would try to get the plate info of the car, perform whatever aid I could, call 911 and give all the information I had to the emergency crew and the authorities. My conscience would be clean.

• 1 decade ago

Karma baby its a major bit ch.

But aren't in some states there are good Samaritan laws. Anyone remember the Seinfeld episode. Where they are went to jail, for not helping during a carjacking.

Personally. I wouldn't do anything, not my business. I would just keep on walking, as if nothing happened. If it doesn't personally effect me, then I not going to worry about it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

certainly. i'd call 911 to arrange for emergency care to be sent and to inform them of a murder occurring. this way you'd be killing two birds with one stone. good ethics question.

• Paul H
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Sure... and I report that I just saw them murder someone. End of moral dilemma.

• Yes I believe I would. He can face the music when he gets well enough.

• 1 decade ago

Of course, the family deserves to know why they did it, so justice can be done. Besides if its THAT serious you're not going to save them anyways.

• 1 decade ago

Dude, why would you watch the person murder somebody?

• 1 decade ago

I would call 911.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.