Ladies, what kind of makeup is essential?

I'm talking about when you're trying to keep it at a bare minimum but want to spruce up a bit. What are "must haves"?

Favorite Answer

Eye and lip makeup are definitely the essentials. Accent your best features.

No make up is absolutely essential - but what is without a doubt is a good skincare system. When your face has that perfect glow you don't need powders to mask your face. But as women we identify with a bit of glimmer...and there is nothing wrong with that!

Try a semi-sparkley lipgloss, a nice light pink shadow with a bit of plum liner and a rich black mascara to set your eyes off. Add a bit of concealer under your eyes to take away the tiredness of the day and add a bit of blush that puts a little more pop into your face and gives you that youthful edge.

But only if you feel that gives you a little step - and personally I love it! I love make up and how I feel when I am wearing it - it hides my flaws (red patches on my cheeks) and it can make me look like I slept a full eight hours - instead of being up all night with the baby!

People are naturally drawn to someone's eye's and lips - so enhance what you have!

Source(s): A make up freak - I know all the lines - Nars, Chanel, MAC to name a few...
  • BB

Foundation/powder if you need it. One with sunscreen is the best, such as Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer, which blends so well it's great even if you don't "need" coverage. Concealer on blemishes and undereye circles, if you need it. On top of that, my 'bare minimum" look is

-Max Factor's Lash Perfection mascara in brown waterproof, which gives my lashes a bit of length and definition, but no clumps

-Tarte Blushing Bride cheek stain, gives a very natural, from-within glow

-Blistex Lip Infusion, it's a great balm with sunscreen that has a nice shine to it

It depends on you! For example when someone has commented on your eyes your whole life then you'd want to accent that feature or you have nice lips etc... you'd want people to look at your best features. The biggest mistake women and a lot of make-up artist make is overkill. I'd say little foundation (depending on your skin to hide those imperfections) eye liner, mascara and lip gloss. That's all I wear and when I got my make-up done by John Cox (Marylin Monroe's make up-artist) He told me I was doing a great job on my own.

If you are just looking to spruce it up a little bit--- just work on your eyes, cheeks, and lips. If you want to keep it simple yet feminine go with natural tones.

mascara and lightly colored lip gloss and a little blush, when your older you need a little under eye consealer. if you want to go a step further maybe a bit of light shimmer eyeshadow. i know its not the best for your skin but a tan always looks terrific.

Pressed Powder, Mascara, and lip gloss.

In order of importance:

1. Blush

2. Mascara

Both are natural-looking and are essential to look youthful and feminine.

Mascara!

Mascara and lip gloss. I wont go to the store even without.