jay k asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

what is a good weightloss product that works?

i need to lose 45 ponud in time for a special event

Favorite Answer

Diet and excercise and it's free! Now how is that for a miracle product?

The only weight loss product that works is diet and exercise. Weight loss pills are just a money making gimmick. They don't work. Some are diuretics and others are just pure caffeine or other forms of caffeine. You don't need to get started on these things. Just clean up your eating, no less than 1200 calories a day, cardio for 30-45 minutes a day 3-5 times a week, strength training 3 times a week to start for about 30-45 minutes a day. It's much safer than resorting to pills and typically it's free or costs very little and if the exercise becomes addictive, then you've created a new good habit. If you really want to supplement your diet so that you get the appropriate nutrients you need, add in a performance multivitamin. Good luck!

Source(s): Personal Trainer

First of all you don't need a product to help you lose weight.

Take out a calendar and mark your special date on it.

Now mark every Monday from now until your event.

See how many weeks it is until your event.

Every Monday plan what you are going to eat and also what type of exercise you want to do. If you are planning on just adding walking figure out how far you want to walk each day and then on every Monday walk 1,000 steps further.

Weight yourself every Monday and see if you have lost or gained any weight. If you have gained, then you should either cut down a bit on what you have been eating or add more exercise.

Also keep on hand one pair of fairly tight jeans. Try them on every Monday to see how they fit. Do not wash them or they may shrink and will give you wrong information. The jeans will be a better gauge than your scale since it is quite possible to gain a bit of muscle or water weight yet your are still are getting thinner.

If you drink allot of milk or eat allot of cheese change to fat free milk & cheeses. Yes, the first few times that you try them they won't taste very good but after a few days you'll get to like them.

Instead of eating ice cream, try eating ice pops made from frozen juice. You can either make them yourself or buy them.

Remember to drink plenty of water. Water will flush fat out of your system, helping you lose faster.

Don't drink ANY soda. Not even the diet kind. Soda has allot of calories and the diet soda has a sweet taste that will leave you craving more sweet foods. Definately NO SODA at all. Try green tea instead.

Source(s): I have no willpower and I was always hungry so I use this to help me http://besthoodiagordonii.com/hoodiaworks.html but you can do it without any products.

I just lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks time with the Last Exodus bible study. I wait for my stomach to growl, eat slow, take small bites, sip between bites and stop when you are politely satisfied. In my first week, I lost 7 pounds. I have also gone down 6 dress sizes after just having a baby.

A friend of mine is on Bioslim and it's working really well for her.

Good luck and don't lose heart, with God anything is possible.

Source(s): www.weighdownonline.com www.bioslim.com

1st off don't go towards products if you are just starting to lose 45 lbs. Always start small and don't go to any extremes! First go on a good diet for a good month or so. It's what you eat and how you eat. Eat healthier and separate your 3 meals a day to six in smaller rations this way your body can break down foods quicker because it's always in its digestive mode. Products are designed more for people who workout regularly

I am SO with you on this one! I needed to lose 30 lbs for my 15 year class reunion and only had 3 months to do it it. I'm down 27 lbs so far and still have 3 weeks to go! I'll definetly lose 7 more lbs before then so instead of being the size 16w I was in July, I'll be a size 10 ! I used the Cambridge Food For Life diet, specifically the Fast Start program. You consume 440 calories a day so obviously you're going to lose weight HOWEVER (don't let the caloric content scare you) you are consuming absolutely 100% of the bodies necessary vitamins, minerals and trace elements and that's based on the FDA guidelines. The diet's been around for over 30 years and has a long and proven track record. It's relatively inexpensive too. One container of 15 meals costs $22.65 and they taste yummy! The Cambridge products come in soups, shakes and oats that you can cook with or fix as a oatmeal. It's the only diet I know of that will help you lose weight that fast, but in a safe way. I would tell you, however, not do to this without consulting a physician. While many people with diabetes, heart conditions and various other ailments do fine, some need to be monitored or should follow a less extreme variation of the program. You'll almost certainly lose 15 lbs in the first 2 weeks on this diet and then 5-8 lbs for every week after. Also, if you have 45 lbs to lose it probably means you're a bit overweight. One of the great things about the Cambridge Diet (which is another reason I chose this diet) is that it stresses behavior modification and actually has a "re-feeding" program to follow when introducing non-Cambridge food back into your diet. The point of this diet is not to just lose the weight, but to learn to develop a new relationship with food and keep the weight off. I've copied and pasted some of the nutritional data below. Good luck and I hope this helps!

Features Benefits

A low 140 calories per serving

33% of the USRDA for vitamins and minerals per serving

33% of the required trace elements and electrolytes per serving

13 to 15 grams of high quality protein per serving

Carbohydrates to protein ration approximately 1.4 to 1 each serving contains 18 grams of carbohydrate.

Carbohydrate is derived from fructose which is superior to sucrose derived carbohydrate

Only one gram of fat per serving

Mixes easily in a blender with water, diet soft drinks and flavorings for variety

Advanced flavor technology

When used as the sole source of nutrition, results in the maximum weight loss in the shortest possible time. 5 to 7 pounds per week is average.

Combines readily with controlled portions of conventional food for long term weight loss. Acts as a natural appetite suppressant when taken 30 minutes before mealtime.

A quick and easy way to prepare a meal replacement, nutritional supplement or meal on the go.

The Basics of Human Nutrition

Taken as a whole, all of the elements and materials that we eat or drink, and which our bodies require for good health, are referred to as our Nutritional Requirements. These requirements have only been studied and become fully known in this century: the Recommended Dietary Allowances and the United States Recommended Daily Allowances.

The Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA’s) have been defined by the Food and Nutrition Board of the National Academy of Sciences. They are the recommended daily intake of every known nutritional requirement, broken down by age, weight, and sex. The Cambridge formulas meet 100% of the RDA’s and the USRDA’s.

The United States Recommended Daily Allowances (USRDA’s) have been specified by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to create standards for use in food labeling. USRDA’s have been specified for protein, most vitamins, and selected minerals. In most instances, the USRDA’s represent the highest RDA suggested for any age, weight, or sex group for each nutrient.

Source(s): www.cambridgediethealth.com

A great free website for anyone who wants to lose weight is http://www.sparkpeople.com . It has a lot of great tips and tools for weight loss including chat boards with other members and fitness and nutrition trackers, to calculate calories eaten and burned. I've lost 8 lbs in the last week and a half.

I used a plan called Shapeworks and lost 95 lbs in 8 months. I have kept it off for over 4 years now. Here is where I got it from: www.loseweightnow.com/tfward

i used slim fast milk shakes and i lost weight it works u should try it in 1 week i lost 7 lbs the 1 that tasted best 4 me was the chocolate

• yeller

You don't do it by taking pills, you do it by cutting out cola's and fries and eating vegatables and walking regularly.

There is nothing you can take that is going to take 45 pounds off in 3 months so don't harm your body by taking goofy drugs that don't work.

Eat right and walk.