Where to go in Door County, WI?

We've been to Door Cty WI many times, but as empty-nesters, we still love new "discoveries". Any fave spots for dining, hidden old bookstores, secluded sunsets, etc?

Favorite Answer

I've been to Door County about 20 times, I love it. Here are my faves.

Restaurants:

Mission Grille in Sister Bay--especially during the summer months when you can eat outside on the patio

Cherry Perry Diner in Sturgeon Bay--classic 50's style diner with milkshakes to die for!!

White Gull Inn in Fish Creek for the fish boils...the best place in my opinion

Bayside Tavern in Fish Creek--basically a bar but they have the greatest cheese curds in the area

Wilson's in Emphraim--which I am sure you've been to for the greatest sundaes

Parks:

Cave Point Park--I love the views, however it's a little hard to climb down to the water

I don't know the name of the park, but it's at the end of the road by White Gull Inn--beautiful views and usually no one is around there much

Have fun and enjoy!

If you've been there many times, you have probably seen all there is. Why not try other northern Wisconsin towns. There must places you have not already been. Check with AAA guide or find a book about exploring what Wisconsin has to offer.

Door County is nice but, hey there's a whole big world out there - explore it!

Check out door bluff headlands for a secluded sunset spot.

• cootes

Staci, call your States branch of Tourism, it rather is a toll loose variety,might desire to be in maximum telephone books. I even have used it many circumstances. they have effective sometime highway trip planners the place you will discover rather some factors of interst in one day, or p.c.. out the few you think of pastime you and notice them. i'm in MN and have long previous with the aid of many diverse factors of your wonerful state.

Egg Harbor,Sturgeon Bay,Little quaint shops all over,BEAUTIFUL,go during cherry & apple harvesting season,Fairs,etc.pretty neat.The Lake looks SOO Blue!