Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

How can guys date unattractive women?

Seriously...if a woman isn't hot, I could never be attracted to her, no matter how great the personality. As a matter of fact, I can honestly say that I would rather be alone than to date a girl I thought was unattractive--I refuse to settle just for the sake of having a girlfriend!

So I'm wondering....are looks really that unimportant to guys? Because I honestly don't understand....

You guys don't get it--I'm an ugly guy and I STILL wouldn't date an ugly girl...even if it means being alone!

Favorite Answer

Every guy I know has told me that attraction is one of (if not the) most important thing to them. This doesn't mean that other qualities like beliefs or personality are just as important but this being the case, the woman must have both. A guy can't sacrifice looks. Sex is extremely important to men and men are sexually stimulated mostly by what they see. Women tend to be stimulated by what they hear and feel. If you aren't sexually stimulated by your significant other, you shouldn't be with them.

When I was younger, I used to feel this way about unattractive men. However, the older I get the more I realize that it really is about what's on the inside. This does not mean that I don't want my man to look good or not take care of himself. He should care about his appearance. It's just that being attractive is not the only important thing. Let's say you get a woman who is "hot" and you marry her. What if this "hot" woman is mean, nasty, lazy, doesn't know how to cook or clean and just generally has a bad attitude. I don't care how "hot" she is or how often you have sex with her; pretty soon her "hotness" is going to wear off and you will start to see her for what she is. Conversely, you could marry a woman who's not that pretty. Let's say she's sweet, makes you laugh, is good to you and has your back when the chips are down. That will matter more to you in the long run that a woman's "hotness." You're probably very young so you don't understand it now, but one day you will. Hopefully you won't have to learn this lesson the hard way like so many other men have had to.

Just because U don't eat meat, does that mean that no one should? Come on now i've read some krazy questions on here, and ur's almost beats them all. Do u think that just because u think that one girl isn't hot that every man, every where should think the same thing. This world does not revolve around what u think or don 't think OK. By ur attitude, im suprised a woman would even look ur way anyway.

Obviously by looking at your Pic I can understand why you rather be alone, since attractive woman don't come you way. Even your so call saying unattractive woman would think twice before going out with you. Take a look in the mirror. No one is perfect!

What is 'hot' to you is not 'hot' to every guy, don't forget. More men under 30 think 'hot' is what advertising & Hollywood tells you it is...but that starts to change as you mature & find your individuality. That in turn, will start to change what the media tells people is 'hot' - look at Marilyn Monroe, for example. She would be too fat for Hollywood now. She would never have made it in that business if she were around today. As neither would other movie stars from other eras that were 'hot' for their time.

Enjoy you individual taste in women, but don't try to understand or critisize others...and also remember, it is not all about looks, either - personality & chemistry are much more important.

It is a case in what you see "beauty" to be. Woman are the same way when they date men who are overweight or unattractive. Beauty can be defined in so many things... The reality is this, if you love someone, it won't matter what they look like, "Nothing Gold Can Stay"!!

Think of this quote also..." no matter how hot she is, somebody, somewhere, is sick of her S***..." ie...Nick Lachey & Jessica Simpson

Find someone who makes you happy my friend, you will be better off in the long run!!

In general people that end up together are about the same level of attractiveness. When a couple has a completely different level of attractiveness it just won't last.

So if you think you are hot, but cannot find a hot girl, then chances are you are not that hot.

Sweetie if you look ANYTHING even remotely like your avatar, I would not think you were attractive either.

So let's turn the tables, OK? Fair is fair.

Why would any hot girl want to go out with YOU?

Source(s): I just read your note.....probably the ugliest part of you is in the inside. I feel sorry for you.

I think that you need a seriouse attitude change or you are never going to be happy. Nobodys perfect. Usualy if sombody is that good looking then she is not very nice. But, that is just what i have noticed.

Well, it's all in your perspective. Everyone is attractive in some way. A great personality is a great attraction once u spend time with that person