Eric asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

What can I substitute for shaving cream?

I ran out of shaving cream and I don't have time to go get more so what can I use as a substitute for shaving cream?

Favorite Answer

hair conditioner. body wash. even lather from soap that is mild or gentle.

• fanter

Substitute For Shaving Cream

Shaving Cream Substitute

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): substitute shaving cream: https://tr.im/vNoUi

People used to use a shaving mug into which a small piece of bar soap was placed, and a shaving brush and a little bit of water was used to whip up a lather. I quit using shaving lotion because it irritated my skin, so started using the shaving brush and soap. (Use as plain a soap as you can find; all sorts of fragrances, etc., therein would probably not be good for shaving---might give you a rash or something.)

If shaving cream is not available, regular facial soap can be used in its place but it is no adequate substitute to proper shaving soap as the lather is far too runny and inconsistent.

Softsoap is a pretty good replacement.

Always ALWAYS shave after a shower with a hot razor.

If you are absolutely desperate, this is what I do, (besides the shower, hot razor) rub the razor against a bar of soap a few times, and keep putting hot water on your face. With each times you clean the hair out of the razor put more soap on it.

Also, if you have any face washed/etc those work too.

a good lotion can do it too or just soap. use a paintbrush or pastry brush on a bar of soap just wet the brush and then run it back and forth to get a good lather. for the lotion cocoa butter was always used when i got a barber shop shave as the second shave coating. so if you can get a thin lanolin or aloe based lotion use that. otherwise use conditioner as a shave lubricant.

keep lathering your face with an ordinary bar of soap. it will also give you a closer shave than what is achieved using shaving cream. when finished, rinse your face thoroughly with warm, then cold water to soothe any sting that might occur.

olive oil.

I use a shave oil that comes in a tiny 1.7 oz bottle. So I suspect that olive oil will work well if you don't time to go to the store to get shave cream.

I have heard that cream rinse works. I've tried it. I felt that the shave wasn't as close as shaving cream.