Chickas help over here please :)?

Well I am 13 and I am "pretty" I guess. I consider myself acctractive, but compared to other girls I feel immature looking, like I'm not as pretty and developed (facial) It seems as all the guys care about are the cheerleaders and dancers at our school. They always say how hot they are in front of me, and they tell me like I'm interested! I have 98% self-confidence according to a guidence couselor, and I do feel outspoken, but compared to these other girls I feel awkward and ugly. Please help me!!!

Favorite Answer

It's normal to feel awkward around girls like that, especially at your age, but remember that they don't have it that good. There is a lot of pressure in those groups to always look good, always say the right thing, always feel the same as everyone else. One slip-up and they lose friends. It's a sick game, be glad you're not a part of it and don't have to live with that kind of pressure. If you want to look a little better, there are ways to do that (mostly it's just money to get hair done, buy clothes and makeup, etc.) but if you do it, do it for yourself, not because you want to impress anyone. Keep your head up, they might be hot now but you will be when you're a little older (when you're supposed to be) ;-)

hey, i just turned 14 a month ago. I know exactly how you feel! I always thought that for a really long time, but now that i am in high school, it doesn't bug me as much. trust me, you will be in that stage for quite some time, but you'll grow out of it eventually. Now, i am more focused on school, tennis, and MY friends (but some of them are the annoying cheerleaders), because i don't notice those kinds of things anymore, now that i am out of middle school (which was my worst experience ever) i have been more confident about how i look, and compared to other girls. It's normal to feel that way, once you get into high school, you will notice a difference. Or if you are in high school, just try not to focus on that so much, and be yourself!

Trust me, I was there once!

Good Luck!

hey listen, i'm 13 and at my school, all the guys tell me i'm pretty and that they really like me but they wouldn't date me for their life, ( well they don't say that part but...w/e) a guy may actually really like you but they might not want there buddies to know, that is just cuz they are immature and don't know how to be themselves, if you have 98% cofidence and the dudes say your hot then when you feel that you have matured (facially) then think of how all those preppy cheer captains and dance team girls are gonna look, honestly i think that all girls are too concerned about what they don't have rather than what they do, (even myself) and that you shouldn't try to become something you aren't and you should definately not compare yourself to some one who looks twice their age and will end up looking 5o when they are only like 20, trust me, youll be thankful that you look so young in 10 to 15 years.

The guys like the cheerleaders and dancers probably because those girls are very self confident and think of them selves as very beautiful. If you do the same then the guys will notice you too! Good luck :-)!

When i was in High School i was a cheerleader. I am 5f 98lbs

i have always been small. I was always cute, but like you i wished

i looked more like some of them. I saw some of them 10 yrs

later. believe me your okay.

the only reason guys talk to them is becuase they are cheerleaders but that does not make them pretty. all of the cheerleaders in my school are ugly. even guys think that, but the only reason they talk to them is cause they are cheerleaders and they wear those mini skirts. i am sure that you are prettier then all of them. the only reason they wouls say they are pretty is to make them selves feel goo becuase no one will tell them that they are pretty! so all they got is themselves!

ok..you really gotta learn to be comfortable with yourself. be happy with how you are. dont listen to them. they dont know real beauty. its all sterotypical. so just be yourself and be happy. think to yourself, "im prettier than those girls". you probably have awesoem qualities that those other girls donthave. you are even probably waay better than them. just dont give in to what guys want. (like being a cheerleader, etc etc). be who you are. one day, guys will see you for who you are. and not look at those plastic girls. be yourself!

i've always looked way younger than i am in my face but now i'm 21 and i love it. you'll appreciate your baby face later, and so will the guys.

personaly i wounldn't ever want to be a cheerleader.if you are confident about yourself thats the only thing that mattters.