What is considered "after five" attire?

I am going to an important wedding (the hubby's boss's) and I want to be dressed appropriate. They are going all out with a Vegas wedding at Caesar's Palace and reception at Top of the World Restaurant Tower at the Stratosphere. The wedding is after five and the reception is cocktail. I'm not for sure what after five is. Can I wear the cocktail to both? Help please!!! :)

Favorite Answer

It depends. After five is more or less dressy pants, heels, and a real shimmery shirt, if you have one, with maybe the back out, or a little cleavage, but not too much you don't want to offend anybody. But be sexy for your man and classy for the boss.As far as the cocktail dress goes you can do that, but pants would be alot more comfortable.

If you go with a cocktail dress....it has to be dressy...and nothing too short. Now I don't mean out dress the bride, but don't wear anything too simple, it's not wedding like...try an asymmetrical jersey dresses or silk if you want. Nichole Miller is a good designer for something like that or bcbg...if you decide to go with an evening gown do a twisted front evening gown....that's pretty and it's in this season...every designer is doing some variation of it....

Fancy dress up attire for after five.'

The black dress, but of course. Accessorize with a shawl, drop earrings, spiky black high heeled shoes and a nice hairdo.

After Five Cocktail Attire

cocktail attire is considered ..after five