how far apart do I plant variegated privets?

Favorite Answer

A Yahoo search for "privet hedge care" (include the quotation marks in the search box) yields 81 results. If you do the same search, and are willing to spend a little time exploring, I'm sure that you will quickly find the information you seek.

Good luck with your search.

Well, where I grew up the privets did get HUGE, so you may have trouble keeping it at the height you want it. I was hoping you were planting it along a fence line for privacy or something, and not too close to a house.

Privet will make a gorgeous tall hedge, but you might not want it right up close to the house--guess it would eventually completely hide your house from passers-by.

Privet does respond well to pruning...but, you bought the variegated kind of privet, and frequent pruning of it can ruin the variegation and leave you with green privet. Can grow to 15 ft., Space plants 1-2 ft. apart.

They can get large. Are you talking about for a hedge? How tall do you want them to get? Plant them 1/2 the distance apart as you want them tall. For example, if you want a 4 foot hedge plant them 2 feet apart.

Source(s): OSU degree in horticulture
  • macki4

Generally one foot