Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 1 decade ago

How do you deal with a family member sister in law that gives you no respect along with a ridiculous attitude?

This family member just came to America from Vietnam. she was really nice and able to cope with anybody around. But now she knows that she is permanantly staying in America, her attitude towards me and my family is just pathetic, she refuses to do what she is suppose to do. Each time when me and the family goes some where in the same car, she never sets next to my mother as if she despises her for some unknown reason. She would wait for someone to enter the car before she does so she doesnt have to sit next to my mom. I find that hurtful because thats insulting to my mother. I've noticed that when my mother asks her to clean the kitchen or wash the dishes, she would do the job but in a nasty manner as if she hated to do so. This new family member is an insult to my father's bloodline because she doesnt have the knowledge that my relatives expect of her such as to master the piano or to speak english fluently. I'll just lay it flat and tell you all that she is a lazy-no-good gold-digger

Favorite Answer

Most Viet girls value their husband and his family. They look at raising a happy family as the gold in their life. However, there are some Viet girls that are worse than the gold diggers here, and will do anything to come to America. If your sister-in-law is this type and just received her greencard, then she has what she wants and is bucking to get out of your family.

In other words, your brother chose poorly...

Don't blame the girl for outsmarting your family. Blame your brother for being stupid.

• brock

There are plenty of women like that in America.. Sad to see we have acquired another one. lol

Does she live with your mother? If so then she can set the rules and the "new" family member can like it or move on.

Good luck!!

well to your sister-in-law she needs to find a way to act a little better because i don't think your brother will take much longer all have to say is unless you're going to teach how to play the piano then nothings wrong but her act is well you know. hope you're brother has a good lawyer.

Kill her. Make it look like an accident.

might drive her nutts trying to please people she might not know.