Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Addicted to loratab ?

I had a recent break of my ankle, and have been taking a single loratab everynight for the last 3 weeks.can I get addicted doing this ?

Favorite Answer

how addictive a personality do you have? If you have a history of addiction, or a family history of addiction then yes, there would be a concern with any opiate type drug. If you are really worried, stop taking it and switch over to just regular Ibufrofen.

• Weber

yes, it sounds insane, but you could. addiction is caused by the ingestion of an addictive chemical (there are many forms, including mental addiction) regularly for even a period of weeks can get addicted. that doesn't make it likely though...

just try not to take them so regularly...the more sporadic the better. however, if you have to take it, and it's ok with your doctor and the pharmacist isn't looking at you funny when you get your prescriptions, you should be just fine.

however, if you don't take a dose or two and have pain, it could be what they call "rebound pain" that is actually a withdrawal from the medication.

it seems like you're taking a low dose, so you shouldn't concern yourself unless you see that it is negatively affecting your life, in social ways especially.

That small of a dose over such a short time is not likely to produce dependence. People usually take large doses 2 tabs every 3-4 hours for a long time 6-8 weeks to become addicted to this medication.

loratab cam be a very addicting drug are you doing this under a doctors care at this point? if not you need to go back to him and tell him what is happening prehaps he can you something that is not as strong as a narcotic as loratab but will help with pain management

doubtfully, unless you get it in you mind that youre going to get addicted. Loratab isn't that strong of an opioid, and one a day isnt

that heavy of usage. I took lots of loratab before I had back surgery to relieve my low back pain, and had no addictive tendencies.

no chance, if you were taking more like 10 a day for 3 weeks, than yes, your good though