promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

what would be an adequate discussion topic for a group of people who are not yet christians?

i'm a student leader of my church and i've noticed that a lot of the students come to church for fun and are not interested in bible studies at all. What kind of topic would engage them in a discussion?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If these people are looking into becoming Christians, a good topic to begin with to get them on the right path would be to discuss what it means to be a "Christian". Ask them what they think it means. Tell them what you think/know and let the discussion continue from there.

You can also ask them if they think they are ready to live their lives walking the walk God intended for each of us and see where it goes from there as well.

Best wishes.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

the best way to reach out to non-Christians is to have fun events with your church for students around jr. high and high school age. My church did a very fun event based on the amazing race TV show and had teams go around our town doing challenges and whoever finished first would get a large prize. It was really fun and was a good way to reach out. After its over I would talk to the group about Jesus and God and let them no that if they have any questions to go to you or someone else in the church, or even a Christian friend. Some people won't listen to you, but I can tell you that some will, and it really helped me find God in my life. So I would recomend that. If you have people going for fun, thats a start. At least they are somewhate getting exposed to God, which is great. good luck.

• 1 decade ago

creation issues are one area which makes for a good pre evangelism

I like the following and sent copies to many chaplains in Iraq and Europ for the reason you mention

1) Lucy She's no Lady a DVD by Menton

2) Incredible Creatures that Defy Evolution a DVD set by Job Martin

3) Inherently Wind a Criticle of the Holywood version of the Scopes Trial... kids may have seen the very inaccurate movie in shcool and this would be a great discussion thing

All three VERY well done

http://www.answersingenesis.org

dont avoid spritiual topics, for the same reason you mentioned

I also sent colies of the movie THE GOSPEL OF JOHN by the visual bible may be watched in 15 minute (or longer chunks( and discussed) they might like a deep discussion folowing a visual pressentaiton of the word

dont avoid depth.. kids long for depth

THE BLAZING CENTER is a great DVD conference for Youth on the glory of God... it'll know your socks off

http://www.DesiringGod.orf

SUFFERING AND THE SOVEREINTY OF GOD by the same has a talk by Joni that is so good ever teen would love it

• 1 decade ago

How come students come to Church for fun? I'd like to see this here!! well not so much but it means that at least your is successful in one thing: bringing together young people. You know, students are interested in all subjects related to life (future, love...)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The immediate future, Long range future, the last Round UP!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Love would be a good one, I think. What it is, and what it isn't, and how does it relate to their every day lives. Do they love their family? Their friends? What about other people? Is love really a part of casual sex?

When they're ready, you could bring in 1Cor 13.

• morris
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Pray and let God guide your mind and trust in the Lord for the right words to say to the children.

• jsjmlj
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

critical thinking, science, seperation of church and state, sex, ethics, morality and values. by the way those last three have nothing to do with religion. if you're not christians, why start?

• 1 decade ago

you should ask them. Sit them down and ask for suggesstions and have a set time that you choose from their list of topics and let them take the lead. You'd be surprised where they might take you.

• 1 decade ago

Discuss music with them, and then try and draw an analogy from that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.