Kroo asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Hypoglycemic?

I attend college classes, and on my first day I was sitting in my class and started to feel horrible. I had eaten a bagel and drank a glass of milk for breakfast. I got lightheaded and even remember grasping the table I was sitting at to keep balance. I got that feeling just before you sneeze...it was weird and almost got up and walked out of the room. I started bringing little sugared snacks with me to eat in between classes and I still get dizzy and crappy feeling. Someone told me this is also a symptom of pregnancy...which I am a tad late on my period. I don't really know...I plan on going to the doctor about this anyway, but I just wanted to see what others thought.

Favorite Answer

WELL WHILE YOUR AT THE DOCTOR HAVE HIM CHECK YOUR SUGAR LEVELS...YOU MIGHT BE HAVING A LOW SUGARS...THOSE ARE SOME OF THE SYMPTOMS FOR LOW OR HIGH SUGARS OR pregnancy

Could be a lot of things including hypoglycemia or pregnancy. The fact that the symptoms still continue after eating leads me away from that but not conclusively. Any of your friends diabetics? Ask them to check your blood glucose during an event if that's possible As far as pregnancy goes have you tried a home test yet? A tad late for your period could be a lot of things as well. I would be curious as to what your blood pressure normally is. Girls your age often run a bit on the too low side. Wherever you are I'm sure you there is an infirmery and a school RN who could evaluate all these things. Make an appointment with your M.D. but in the mean time put your mind at ease with a home pg. test and talk to your school nurse..

Source(s): source; myself, I am a full time paramedic and was married to an ob/gyn specialist for 16 long years.

This could be a symptom to alot of things including pregnancy, hypoglycemia, or even diabetes as well as a host of other. Getting to the doctor sounds like a really good idea. Protein snacks are also a good treatment for hypoglycemia.