Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

Best gift for a mother?

I've started Christmas shopping early, its easier on my wallet. But I cant decide what to get my mom. I was thinking about getting her something to do with us kids, but im not sure what. any ideas?

Favorite Answer

yall should make a family portrait

No offense, but it's YOUR mom's gift so do something for her or get something for her that makes her feel special,like a spa /salon treatment. You "kids" could also make up some coupons on the computer with special things that you could do for her. I don't know how old you are but these should be age appropriate I suppose. Like going grocery shopping for her (if you can drive)

Making her favorite dinner for her, etc. Just use your imagination, she will appreciate your effort in being creative.

I have a great idea; what about a mother's pendant (for a necklace). You can get a traditional one, with her birthstone in the middle of a heart, and her kids' birthstones hanging down, and I have seen a new one, of a dolphin, with a loop below, where you'd hang the charms of her kids. Check out myspace.com/jimondagems, or email jimondagems@yahoo.com.

It's a new company that got their business license earlier this year. I have some of their jewelry, and it is gorgeous. Absolutely precious.

Good luck

Heather

2 ideas for your Mom.

1st) a day at the day spa. Get every one to chip in.

2nd) Make a coupon book with things that you will do around the house so she can take the day off and relax.

ex. do dishes, laundry, clean house, wash car, ect.

All the photo websites have those calendars and you can easily upload your pictures. We made a calendar for my mom last year and for each month we put a few pictures of the people in the family who had a birthday or anniversary that month. She love it and it's something that she uses all year. :)

Does she have an updated family portrait? Parents generally love being able to put a picture of their family on the wall, so they can show them off to everyone who walks in.

Best gift for a mother is not material, but the fact that you appericate what she has done and the fact that you love her more than anything else in the world.

I have 5 grown kids and the things I like best are pictures of them & their families or for them to do something that it is difficult for me to do for myself. My college aged son once detailed my car for me for christmas & I loved it.

You could get her a necklace with the birthstones of you and your siblings.

Or just get her a really pretty necklace.

They have really nice ones on those home schopping channels, I'm addicted to them:

http://www.qvc.com/

http://www.hsn.com/

• Avid

If you haven't had a picture done with all of you kids together (or haven't gotten one recently), that would be a great gift.

A nicely framed portrait.