Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Which is safer IE or fire fox?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Okay, your going to see many different opinions on this question. Basically heres what it boils down to:

IE is a standard piece of software, this means it has more use and exposure to hackers. It also means that more people and sites will only support IE.

Firefox is a free third party browser, this means that it has fewer users and less exposure, but dont count on in depth instructions on how to clear your cashe on every site you use. People prefer firefox due to the tabbed browsing and the search if this is all you want you may want to persue windows IE beta 7. This is the new free browser for Vista. It features many of the same functions that firefox has.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Firefox is safer for the time being. Unfortunately by being safer it also is limited in some of the things you can do. For example, If you need activex to get a site to load properly you will not get far with firefox. I use firefox whenever I am browsing at large and save IE for trusted sites.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Firefox is safer, because it doesn't do ActiveX. It follows the world standard for HTML and Javascript. It does not connect to other Microsoft applications, so there are no security holes in that fashion.

While IE is needed for some things, do your general surfing with Firefox. Good web designers should use FireFox as the basis of their testing and checkout... after all, IT IS THE STANDARD.

• 1 decade ago

Firefox crashes less, but it steals your RAM like crazy. IE is a bit more basic. If you like coold gadgets and themes, go with Firefox. If you're looking for simple, try IE.

The new IE 7.0 though is a RAM hog as well. Kind've sucks.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Fire fox for now. IE is too common and malware producers attack IE's vulnerabilities specifically.

• 1 decade ago

I like FireFox much better. I've had no problems with spyware with Firefox.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

both r almost same

better use anti virus and anti spyware to remove virus and worms

for antivirus use avast home editon

for antispyware use spybot search & destroy

both r freeware downloadable in download.com

• 1 decade ago

IE is definetly best

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

hi, maybr fox is better.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

FIREFOX

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.