Steve Irwin Died!!!!!!!!!1?

Any Feelings?????????

Favorite Answer

i will never forget the image of steve irwin talking to the camera while sharks were in a feeding frenzy all around him while he stood in the water...the guy was a crazy kook but he was fascinating, funny and very entertaining...i kind of felt one day his luck would run out the way he took risks dealing with wildlife but i would never have guessed it would take a stingray to be the culprit....my condolences to his friends and family....he was one of a kind and his legacy will continue as his shows run on animal planet

• Sels

This guy was such a ham and, as such, really appealed to the younger viewing segment (kids). I think there are probably many kids who never would've thought twice about some of the creatures Irwin worked with -- except to think that they were yucky or scary. Irwin gave them faces and personality and identity for the kids. He probably made them much more sympathetic in the eyes of children -- so, I suspect he accomplished a lot of good. Sorry to see him go. He was fun to watch -- even for the jaded adults!

It's really sad. Yes, people die everyday and their families have to live through that. But we knew Steve Irwin through his work with animals. He was and still will be an inspiration to naturalists and environmentalists worldwide.

As an Aussie, i must say it is a absolute tragedy. We are all devastated. He was a man (willingly) surrounded by danger every day. He brought awareness to Wildlife to people all over the world. He really changed the way we think about Crocs that's for sure. His Zoo is 45 mins away from my house, it's sad that I'll never be able to see him feeding the Crocs there. Yesterday, we lost a top Aussie Icon.... Crikey!

Good luck to Terri Bindi and Bob.....

He will certainly be missed. It is very tragic. But I can't say that I am surprised. He messed with risky creatures. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

My prayers and sympathies go out to Irwin's family and all of Austrailia.

One could employ teams of mourners(as they do in some communities in India) who will beat their breats and wail for Steve(and when alone among themselves and out of earshot boast about their performance to each other) Accidently as soon as I numbly put down the paper containing this news item and turned to the computer for diversion what must confront me was a Yahoo questioner asking me how would I like to die as a 'salaam' to Steve. There could not be any better mind reader. I really liked to die an equally glorious death as Steve.

However, I feel that a more mature reaction to Steve's departure would be to visualise how Steve himself wouild have taken it. I feel that the moment he realised that he could not come out of it, a sweat feeling of contentment would have overwhelmed him. He would have been happy that he was among his own at this moment in his life.He would have turned away other denizens of the subterrnean region who proceeded in pursuit of the poor poisonous fish and disuaded them from punishing it. He loved them so much. Let us not forget this even in this numb state of ours.

• whos steve irwin?

Yes of course!!! He was my favorite person on television that worked with animals. I always watched him.

• A

i cried in my room for an hour. i didnt meet him or anything but i just felt a close connection to him.

I liked that Aussie - I hope his family will be OK.