Tongan Baby names?

I am specifically asking for the name Matthew or Matt in Tongan. I am interested in saying/speling. I have asked this question before. But I just can not get an answer. Please if you know let me know. I am only 20 weeks, but would love to name my baby boy as soon as possible.

also, my main concern for tongan baby names is when you just google it it gives you a list. What are male what are female? and what do they mean?

Favorite Answer

OK I was working on translating something into Tongan and found a list of English to Tongan translation of names. I also found your question.

The name Matthew is spelt Matiu... I have worked with some Tongan people and I would expect them to say it like this

Marr - tee - you

I also have a Tongan Bible and the book of Matthew is spelt the same with a line atop the "a"

I have many Tongan friends and would be willing to ask them if you were not satisfied with this

You can find the list of names at http://www.tongaturismo.info/dizion-4.htm

Although they did spell Matthew wrong there (mattew)

Tongan Names

I just googled Tongan Baby names and here is the list I found:

Aisake Aisea Aleki Alipate Anitelu Anitoni Arama Eloni Emosi Feleti Fepiku Filipe Fusitua Hale Haleka Ikani Inoke Isikeli Isileli Katilimomi Kelepi Lisiate Liueli Lopeti Maake Maama Makanesi Manase Manawune Mataeula Mateni Moeaktola Mosese Natane Noxy Ofa Paea Paleti Peleki Peni Pita Poluta'u Salesi Samisoni Sateki Saula Selemea Semi Semisi Sese Siaki Siaosi Simi Sione Soane Sone Sosaia Takai Tangaloa Taufaahou Teo Tevita Timote Topou Tow-Tow Uata Viliami

Good luck!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Tongan Baby names?

Source(s): tongan baby names: https://shortly.im/h0g2Q

tongan baby names

Andres

Matiu would be pronounced -

Mah-Tea-U