Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

for muslims jews and other nonchristians.?

tell me, does it really offend y'all when we put up a nativity scene or say those two evil words merry christmas?

logical answers only please.

Spookshow Baby

nope no problem at all

Favorite Answer

not offensive at all.muslims are taught to respect the faiths of others even though we dont agree.wish more christians would reciprocate.

• N

I'm completely nonreligious. It doesn't offend me when people say "Merry Christmas," but for some people it is annoying because it presumes that the person being spoken to is Christian. The only time nativity scenes bother me is when they are put on government-owned property. Other than that I think they are often quite pretty--a person in my hometown does one in ice sculpture every year that I like a lot.

Of course it does not.

However, while I am not offended, I am concerned when I see such a nativity scene constructed on state, county, municipal, or Federal property (I live in the USA). This is not because of being offended by demonstrations of faith by others, but because the wall of separation between church and state is in the interest of all Americans, regardless of faith. Since Christianity is the majority religion, it is important in particular that this faith not presume to have the right to use the secular governmental space for its own religious observances.

On private or church property, expressions of Christian faith, including the observance of Christmas as a holiday, are always okay. I am glad my Christian neighbors are fully experiencing their own spirituality and finding in it cause for celebration.

The real question, I would argue, is: Are you offended when we Wiccans celebrate Samhain or Beltane? Because, in the USA, minority religions more often have their religious observances disrupted by Christian protesters than the reverse.

• no not really. Well all the other Muslims can speak 4 them selves but in my opinion it doesn’t offend me because ur just celebrating ur religion and what right dose it give me to get mad over that. I pray in public places and it doesn’t offend the Christians. It only interests them. I am actually interested in finding out how the Christmas tree began in the holiday.

i',m muslim, why would i be offended. Those two words are not evil as far as your faith is concern, Just don,t put up the nativity scene in muslim's sacred grounds or my place.I don't even have the right and would be committing sin if i disrespect your belief, destroy your property.

No, It doesn't offend me. Everyone has a right to practice their own beleifs as long as it doesn't harm anyother person. I think a statue of Jesus and Mary isn't going to hurt anyone, so why should I be offended. I don't like it when people say negative things about my religion, so I don't lecture people about theirs.

Source(s): Proud Muslim Woman.

No why should it bother me. If I say happy holidays to you would it bother you; I don't think it would.

I have grown up seeing nativity scenes. It does not offend me in any way. My own family is christian even though I am not longer.

Thanks For Your Question :)

Well as a Muslim not at all why I would be offended ?!

God cleary gives the freedom of belief in Islam by saying :" And say: "The truth is from your Lord." Then whosoever wills, let him believe, and whosoever wills, let him disbelieve..."[18:29]

to me its ok to greet anyone one in his holidays

Nope. Just don't put that stuff in government places, and I'm fine with it. - Satanic Atheist.

Would you mind if I put a Maypole up in different public places on May 1st and held fertility rites?

No, not at all as long as you leave me the freedom to celebrate my holidays and put up pictures of the GURU.