How did you meet?

I am wondering where people meet their mate, other than in school, parties, or bars.

Favorite Answer

cementery!

Sorry, met him at a party which is, by the way, a great way to meet someone. They come with built in references. Have met prior mates at work (very large company at the time) and other parties.

I met my hubby in my mom's back yard. I lived away with my grandmother and we came back home to may ma's house for her birthday. my brother asked me if I remembered the three Vietnamese boys we went to school with? I did and they were so funny, they didn't speak any English right off of the boat, we used to play around with them and teach them all of the "BAD" English! He told me that they just moved into a unit right behind mom's house, lets go see them. I did and one called his friend over to meet me! He was the cutest guy ever! I never ever was drawn to any Asian, in fact I was totally against Asians. However this one was just too cute, tall and had long Rock n Roll hair! Biggest round eyes! I would have to say it was love at first sight! Any how we met and began to date ( quite an English problem) and married with 4 kids over 23 years now! We are totally opposites, with totally different ways of life, yet we somehow seem to fit together and work out well!

• I met my husband on the yahoo messenger when I was 17 and it was so cool too because I had no idea he lived just down the street from me after we found out how close we was to eachother we started hanging out and playing pool my intentions was to be friends but he grew on me the more we hung out I knew I wanted him we got married when I turned 18 and we now have a boy and a girl and we have a great life together we were destined to be together

Actually, I was in a pretty bad situation when I met my husband. I had moved out and my car broke down and I didn't have the money to fix it so I was walking several hours to get back and forth to my job at McDonalds (hey, I had just graduated high school, gimme a break). And one day, when I was leaving, he was going in to eat, when he left, he passed me in his truck and pulled over in the YMCA parking lot to give me a ride, which I didn't want, actually, I was very rude to him, but he didn't go away so some how he gave me a ride and I've been with him ever since!

• s t

Intra-vista. Arranged meetings. Families arrange i.e. someone knows of someone and the other party knows of the opposite sex. and voila. -- they get together in a common place --under the scrutiny of the family or families. Sometimes it does work.

Travel is another common place where people meet. Hope it helps.

At the beach during a surf meet when I was 15.

suprise, suprise.

on here as a matter a fact,

she had a question on here asking if any guys btwn 16-19 wanted to chat and well it just went up from there.

she's 19, i'm 18 so go me.....

yahoo does work wonders

Source(s): my relationship

I met a very interesting, intelligent woman in church. Asked her for a date a couple weeks after we met and she turned me down, but we stayed friends and eventually started dating. We were married New Year's Eve last year.

• Rhonda

I met my husband while performing in a musical. Follow your interests and you will meet like-minded people was good advice that was given to me.

Source(s): Life

I met my husband at work. He came in on my second night on the job. He was in upper management at the time. I fell in love with him from the start and knew we'd be together always.