Does cigar smoking tell you anything about a persons personality or does it mean anything ?

Favorite Answer

I would have to say a person who smokes a cigar can mean they are arrogant. Or they want to feel cool. Or they are confident and don't give a dam if the smell bothers others.

No it doesn't. I am a normal person and a girl and I like to have a black and mild every now and again. It smells really good and I love the taste. Some people would say mean things about what I smoke but I don't care. I am me. And I am kinda a girlie girl too. LOL

• ELI

When a person smokes, you can't really say anything for sure in terms of his/her personality, because addiction itself may cause personality changes, and what makes a person smoke may be due to social factors like media or peer pressure.

Possible personality characteristics that are found to predispose a person to start smoking and/or be addicted are:

1) high thrill-seeking

2) rebelliousness

3) neuroticism (propensity towards anxiety and restlessness)

Also, perhaps the person does not have good coping mechanism when dealing with stress, and is more gullible and susceptible to peer pressure and media messages (what is cool, or "normal," etc.).

Smoking kills!

PREVENT TOBACCO-INDUCED

MENTAL DISORDERS

Oh there is so much more thaks for making me do my homework. it's a personality disorder but it may also be the cause of some of them. Interesting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The purpose of this site is to assist in preventing mental disorders

(a) by avoiding lay notions (such as the lay myth that smoking is a habit, not a mental disorder), and

(b) by citing medical journal data on the role of tobacco in mental disorders.

Let's start by seeing what medical researchers have found.

In the Autumn 1998 issue of Tobacco Control, a voluminous summary of data on the subject from a June A.M.A. conference was recently published.

"Persons with mental illness are about twice as likely to smoke as other persons." And, "Persons with a currently active mental disorder consumed 44 per cent of all the cigarettes smoked in this nationally representative sample."—Karen Lasser, MD, et al, "Smoking and Mental Illness: A Population-Based Prevalence Study," 284 J Am. Med. ***'n (#20) 2606-2610 (22/29 Nov 2000). (Also at http://www.unhooked.com/ATOD/Lasserjama00.pdf.)

And, "smoking is more common in patients . . . with accelerated than with benign hypertension. It appears that hypertensive patients who smoke regularly are more likely to developed the accelerated phase than those who do not."—Elliott, John M., and F. O. Simpson, "Cigarettes and accelerated hypertension," The New Zealand Med J (#662) 447-449 (25 June 1980).

"Avant le . . . tabac, la folie était une maladie très rare dans l'humanité,"—Depierris, Hippolyte A., Physiologie Sociale: Le Tabac (Paris: Dentu, 1876), p 346. Before tobacco, mental disorder was a rare malady among humans.

Toxic tobacco smoke (TTS) is radioactive and contains toxic chemicals, and produces toxic chemicals emissions far above the safe and legal limits. Harm by tobacco pushers is foreseeable and thus is by definition intentional.

The brain operates on electrical impulses and chemicals, e.g., serotonin, dopamine, etc. They are involved in regulating mood, reasoning, ethical controls, and all brain functions. Nerves communicate with each other by using such chemicals to transfer messages, cross the synapses, between nerves. Tobacco's toxic chemicals have an impairing effect on the message transfer process. Naturally, mood, reasoning, ethical controls, and other brain functions are impaired. TTS-caused damage, says Thomas Edison (1914) is irreversible.

It doesn't really say anything about their personality, but more about their preferences and/or values, which you might not agree with. I personally hate smoking, and no matter how nice someone is, I wouldn't live with a smoker or have a lover who smokes.

It means they smell like a cigar - eww.

Just that he or she will smell like a cigar.

yeah it means they think they r cooler than everyone, like my fren smokes one cuz he got a good job and good cars, so he thinks hes cool and smokes cigars

Personally I like the taste but its more about the look. It makes me feel kinda old fashioned for some reason.

1

Source(s): High Blood Pression Remedy http://sparkindl.info/ControlYourBloodPressure/?t7...