promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsMusic & Music Players · 1 decade ago

HELP!!!! i hav an ipod mini and its not turning it self on?!?

okay i got my ipod like 9 months ago. its a blue mini. 4GB. and today i downloaded like a whole bunch of new songs...prolly like 75-80 (from limewire). and i downloaded all the songs to my ipod and it charged a bit too. and now i looked and its now turning it self on1!!!!! what should i do?!!!! does the battery actaully die?! or what?! im 15. guy. thanks.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

oh...ur ipod battery probally died...the same thing happend to me......get a appointment at the apple store...take ur ipod in...and u will get a new ipod mini blue 4gb. ...it happend to me....and the results came out good.....

u got a new ipod just like ur old one...and u still have a warrenty on it...but take it in before ur warrenty ends or u will not be able to get a new one...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

ok, i have a mini too, it's gold, i've had it for a while. this has never happened to me, but my mini is kinda screwed up. did u try restarting it? u hold down the play and center button and the same time. hold it down until u see the apple symbol come up. also, try putting it on hold when it's off, maybe that's your problem too, cuz it can turn on pretty easily if it's not on hold. and as for the battery, what i do is that if i'm at home, i listen to it while it's charging, and if you know that you need it the next day, charge it over night, and unplug it at the last minute. hope i helped!

• 1 decade ago

Try the 5 R's http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/ Basic warranty will most likely be expired although an apple store would probably look at it they won't replace it any more for free. Go through apple support and if no luck here apple discussions.

• 1 decade ago

turning it's self on like the power or the song just starts out of nowhere??

either way i think you should try deleting the songs..and copy it back into the ipod..or go to an ipod store and ask..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

So i think it is dead. You have to but the ups cord in the computer to charge it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.