Tampa weather: Is my vacation ruined? I will be in Tampa from the 7th thru the 12th?

I am bringing my little nephew on a vacation and I am so depressed that he won't be able to enjoy it. :(

Yahoo weather just said that there will be scattered T storms and isolated storms every single day of our trip. Can any locals tell me if it rains there, does it usually just happen in spurts throughout the day? Is there any hope? I am so sad

I just read some of your answers...thank you so much to all...I appreciate it

• Xtal
    Favorite Answer

Wen it rains, it lasts for like 10 mins & then you can go outside again. Don't worry, you will have plenty of outside fun! It usually rains in the afternoon (like 3pm thru 5pm), so plan on daytime activities.

Source(s): I live in FL

Dont worry about the weather, is part of the territory, flow with it instead! You can still do all you had planned to do and the rain wil make it memorable. Dont stop at Tampa, explore Mt.Dora, a beauty tourist town, visit Apopka s Kelly park, and if you have time go to St Augustine, explored in 1565 ,founded by Menendez, the oldest school house up in el Norte is there! Best to you and your nephew.

Source(s): A Florida resident.

It does rain quite a bit here this time of the year, but it wont be enough to ruin your trip. :)

It usually rains either early in the afternoon, or early evening. I live just east of Tampa, and they've been saying on the news that its supposed to rain all week - and it hasnt rained in 3 days.

It usually just rains in one big spurt. You are likely to have hours of beautiful weather, but will have to run inside for an afternoon or evening thunderstorm. An entire day of rain is not likely!

Source(s): Lived there for years.

We just returned from there on vacation.It does rain,almost each day,but it doesent last long,and other than that,its pretty hot.We went to Busch Gardens,and only missed our last day there because of the weather,they closed the park for a lightning storm.You should be fine,regardless of the forecast!

Live there, today is beautiful, sunny. If it does rain, usually late day, quick.

Remember when it rains, that is just "LIQUID SUNSHINE"!!