K! asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

IS there a way to keep my hair from getting damaged when I go to sleep?

I have very long hair and I want to find a way to not sleep on it so as to prevent furthur damage. I don't like to tie it in loose ponmytails off to the side because not only is it uncomfortable It actually ruins my hair more. When I just sweep it to the side it always ends up getting wrecked when I roll over. Got any ideas? Thanks for all your help! You guys rock!!!

Favorite Answer

Braid it before you go to bed. Thats what I have to do.

put it in a very loose braid and sleep on a satin or silk pillow case. The braid keeps it from getting tangled when you turn and te pillow case helps keep the hair from getting loose

First get a silk or satin pillowcase. Then wrap your hair and put bobby pins or some kind of clips in your hair to keep it from coming down and put a silk or stain cap on it.

• Cat D

When I had long hair I used a sleeping cap to keep it out of my face and out from under my head and it didnt get damaged when I used it.

Braid your hair loosely.. It is the only way to keep it from tangling up and get all over your pillow and your face.....

Source(s): At one time, my hair was very long, and I found that this method was the one I used.

satin or silk pillow cases are the best! Cotton or mostly any other fabrics break the hair while you sleep!

• charyl

apparently, particular, a satin pillow might help. you additionally can try putting you hair in a pony tail with assorted bindings to maintain it from transforming into tangled. be certain your hair is dry first. stable good fortune!

Wet it or just sleep on silk pillow cases.

Wrap it and put a scarf on and you want notice anything when you sleep.

just make sure it's wet when you go to bed. It'll look great the next day.