Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOther - Sports · 1 decade ago

is the duke lacrosse ordeal still proceding into the court system? havent heard about it in months.?

Favorite Answer

I read an interesting article in Newsweek about how the stripper who claimed to be raped, turns out having many problems and a history of doing things like this to get money. There were a lot of holes in the prosecutors story, and one of the biggest was that all the players VOLUNTEERED to take DNA testing. The prosecution acutally didn't want them to. And even so, the stripper changed her story several times after going to the hospital, and even admitted to having consentual sex, with someone else after the allaged rape, so all the evidence against them was circumstantial.

I think they were wrongfully accused and denied of their season, to be made an example. I do know all about the college scene and I know guys who have and would do stuff like this, and somehow the govt. thought they should be taught a lesson, so they picked a very high profile team.