My toilet is clogged due to my dumb girlfriend knocking in a stick of deodorant and flushing. What should I do

My girlfriend knocked a stick of deodorant into the toilet and flushed it. Now the water barely goes down and it wont flush well at all. What should I do. And if your answer is call a plumber, please dont bother to answer.

Favorite Answer

Your Deodorant is stuck inside your toilet . I recommend unbolting it and turning it upside down . You should be able to get it out of the toilet with pliers . Then get a wax ring and reset your toilet . The guys below are wrong about using a auger . You will end up pushing the deodorant into the sewer which will cost you much more money . Augers are great for anything you can penetrate . I have pulled shirts out of toilet with a auger and even a apple .. By the way I'm the only person whose answer your question that has a Master Plumbing Lic .

Source(s): Virginia Master Plumber for 10 years

I would just remover the toilet and get the deodorant out it's stuck in the U area. Make sure when you put the toilet back that your seal is good. I wouldn't call a plumber there too expensive. It's something simple to do. Not unless you do want to call a plumber.

I would probably un-bolt the toilet, take it outside, and try flushing a lot of water through backwards to get the deodorant out of the toilet. If the deodorant is actually in the sewer pipe you'll want to snake the line. You can pick one up from your Home Depot, or probably even Wal-mart.

When you go to put the toilet back you should probably go ahead and replace the wax ring around the sewer pipe, you don't want any leaks!

sircaulksalot got it right, Go to Home Depot, buy what they call a Closet Auger. Cost ya bout $25 or so, But even before that. Get a clothes hanger and straighten it out. The end with the hook. Flatten out the hook just a bit but leave the hook in it, Not sure if that makes sense, lol,,,, bend the hook u made in bout a 45 to 90 degree angle and try to fish it that way first, then auger, then pull toilet, If you have to pull toilet, Make sure you buy a new wax ring first.

Before taking it out I would buy a toilet auger and try to clear the clog.

They are about 3 feet long strong spring things that work really well and are not too expensive.Then you've got it for next time-----and there will be a next time.

Source(s): Experience

Agree with the answer about the auger--much easier than unbolting and cleaning out the toilet. Good luck with it!

Call a plumber to remove the toilet. Dump the dumb bi*ch.