MJoneSsssssss asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

Surgery to have straight teeth?

I'm 18, never had braces, and have teeth that are not straight. They are not that bad, it's just my two front teeth that sticks out a little. What kind of surgery is needed if i dont want braces? is it plastic surgery, and about how much does it cost.

thx

I would wear braces if i was 13, but now i'm at an age where i wouldnt want to wear braces... unless surgery cost A LOT more

Favorite Answer

Well i never heard of a surgery to fix crocked front teeth. If you want o corect that, you have 3 options. Braces, veneers, or crowns.

If they are not that bad, the invisiline braces work very well, and you cannot see them( if that is your worry) They run about $3000.00 and up depending on the time you need to wear them. Usully no less than 18 months.

Veeners look really good and can strighten up teeth, but the down side to them is you have to take some enamel off a perfectly healthy tooth to get them to stick. And what that means, is that you have to have them forever and the problem with that is they tend to fall off, or break and then you have to keep remaking them. It is just the porceline is so fragile. It is paper thin. The cost is about $800.00- $1500,00 per tooth.

Crowns are a good. They would shave down your two front teeth, and make you two new front teeth. They can match the shade to your other teeth, so you wont even be able to tell. They two can fall off, but usully not as likely. Maybe once every 15-20 years. Then you just go to a dentist and get it cemented back on. The cost about $ 350.00- $650 per tooth.

Source(s): dental assistant

I'm adult with braces. Being 18 is not to old for braces. Orthodontic care is excellent today. Sure, there is temporary pain and discomfort, but it's not permanent. Surgery would be much more expensive than braces. Don't put it off - you'll be so happy when you're teeth are straightened. Good luck!

you shouldn't need any type of surgery, if you don't want braces ask your dentist about veneers it's a simple procedure where the dentist shaves a small amount of enamel off the front of your teeth takes an impression and makes custom porcelain veneers that can change the shape of your teeth they usually run about a $1000 and insurance doesn't cover it because it's cosmetic

Source(s): dental asst 11yrs.

Surgery has WAY too many risks. Getting braces would probably be the solution.

If it can be fixed with braces, do not even CONSIDER surgery. There are too many things that go wrong. Even when it all goes right, it is a difficult recovery.

well, I am twelve and I had your problem in third grade, and I had to get braces. I had them for Two and a half years. If your afriad of not wanting people to see them ask your dentist about Invisaline. Trust me surgery is not a good thing. My aunt had it done and it was awful she said.

braces....$5,000