Can the attorney general of Texas, continue to make you pay child support?

was behind 19k in 1995, went back to court, and was order to pay 200 a month in arearages plus my current. Inever missed a payment again. The new court order had me paying untill 2004, my current support ended in 2000. all monies went toward arearages at that point. November 2004, I received a subpena, and returned to court thinking all was fine, and was finished paying. I was completely supprised, when the Tx. att. Gen. had me 22k behind at this point. Due to intrest, my arrearages were not even covering the intrest due, even thoug i was paying as the court orderd. my son is 23 years old now, he has a child of his own, and i continue to pay his Mother 225.00 monthly for the next 7 years. I have paid her over 50k, will this ever end?

Favorite Answer

The court that handled the divorce retains jurisdiction forever. I seriously doubt a court order to cover late payments would be set at a level that did not cover interest. You need to check with the court in charge. As most divorce cases are handled by county not state courts, I doubt the State Attorney General has ever heard of your case, much less presented you with a bill.

Oh ... poor baby has to pay for his own baby instead of the honest taxpayers of the state of TX. Tough titties, dude.

Shouldn't play if you can't pay.