What is a husband's duty to his wife in your religion? Please specify your religion in your answer.?

I don't mind if you give scripture references, but please no loooooooonnng quotes. I can look things up myself!

Atheists are also welcome to answer. If you wish to reference anything specific to back up your beliefs, that is ok also.

NO SLAMMING OF OTHER PEOPLE'S BELIEFS IS ALLOWED. All such answers will be reported. I only want to hear what YOUR FAITH teaches.

Favorite Answer

I am Baptist for starters. My husbands role in our family is to be protector, provider, and disciplinarian. He is the head of this household. He has the final authority when it comes to family matters. With that being said so no one thinks I am living in the stone ages, he generally gives in to what I want, unless it is going against God or will be detrimental to our family's well being.

Source(s): King James Bible Ephesians 5:21-28 Genesis 3:16-19

I'm a nondemoninational christian and we are taught that the husband is the head of the household. The husband has the final decision on things, althoughthe wife does have a say in what happens, it's the husband job to make sure tht the family gets to church regularly and to guide the family in the right direction.

My duty as a wife is as Ephesians 5:22-30 speaks of. My husband's duty as a husband is also spoken about in that scripture.

Though it is tough when for so long wives and husbands have not submitted the way they are called to by the Lord (yes, even husband's are to submit, but read the scripture to find out to whom and how). For me personally as a woman, I find it extremely challenging to submit as the Lord calls me to do. And it is because of my own mindset, my own choices, my own decisions concerning my mindset. It is a choice to follow God and His Word and Will...that is for certain. And it is one that has to be made daily, otherwise we can lose focus.

Anyhow, I gave my answer. I can go on and on about this topic. I am in the midst of a very interesting phase in our marriage, and it is awesome what God is doing in our lives and marriage through all we are experiencing. I expect great things, just as God does.

But that is all. :)

I am a Christian wife and my husband and myself have been taught respect! We compliment eacothers strength and compensate eachothers weaknesses. We are partners in every sense of the word. Not one person is above the other. We celebrate eachother by never putting eachother down or bad mouthing eachother. We are very supportive. That's what we were taught and believe our wedding vows tell us.

The man is supposed to be the head of the household and have the final say in all decisions. He's responsible for keeping his family in church and guiding them in a moral life. He is to be their protector and provider. And any good christian man will consider his wife's wishes, but he has final say. I am Baptist.

A Buddhist will treat his wife with respect and compassion as he would other sentient beings. His duties towards the wife would be based on moral disciplines and social etiquette.

In islam the Default is that the husband is required to provide for the wife .. food, housing, expenses from what he has. If the women wishes to marry someone who is not capable of supporting her, she is entitled to wave her rights of being supported. (there is a hadeeth of this)

Nevertheless, he is commanded to be patient and overlook things he doesn't like about her and be equitable to her.

004.019

"O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may Take away part of the dower ye have given them,-except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and Allah brings about through it a great deal of good. "

A husband should also be loving and merciful to his wife.

"And among His signs is that He created for you mates from among yourselves, that you may live in tranquility with them; and He has brought between you love and mercy. Truly, in this are signs for those who reflect." (Qur'an 30:21)

• Peace

i dont have a duty .. my husband doesnt have a duty

we have mutual respect for each other

and if we do things .. its because we wish to not because we feel obliged to

and my religion has nothing to do with this .. but im sure that they would say similar

each person is an equal

Source(s): spiritualism

Spiritual leader... he is supposed to be responsible for the moral guidance of the wife, and moral upbringing of the children. He is to be the righteous example... its tough when your spouse and you don't believe the same things. Oh, Christian.

I like your requirements!

we have but one commandment, in short.." harm none" as for how we treat our women.. They are our equals and counterparts..neither is any better than the other.. Women have strengths men don't and men have strengths women don't.. we work together as parts of one machine .. IN our lives they are our goddesses and are treated as such