gaining weight b4 my period?

i always gain like 5 or more pounds b4 i start my period and i crave a lot of chocolate. why do i gain a lot of weight and is their something i can take for this? (just for the gaining weight).

Favorite Answer

I do to, its water weight!!! It drives me nuts!!!!!! I also crave chocolate, i think that is very normal for us women!!!! Its something that just happens to add to the pain of your period itself, its not like we go through enough crap with that!

Don't worry, you're not the only one. PMS causes cravings and a change in eating habits, along with a few other nasty things. I'm always starving when I'm about to come on. The thing I try to do, is buy one bar of chocolate and eat it piece by piece throughout the day, that usually helps the cravings. Plus, remember that when you're about to get your period you retain a whole lot of water, which can make it seem like you've gained weight, but you lose it once you come on. Try evening primrose oil, that helps me with some of the nastier side effects.

You gain weight because of water retention and bloating. Take a menstrual pain reliever that helps with water retention. If you start to take the melds a day or so before your period is due, it will help with the bloating. Check with the pharmacist on which brands. It is quite common to crave chocolate. Eat and enjoy it, just don't pig out because then you will have weight gain to worry about.

It is a water weight gain. There are over the counter water pills you can purchase at any drug store. However, if you feel kinda funny on them it is because you need postasium supplement while taking them. I prefer just drinking extra water and using essential oils which can be helpful in reducing fluid retention; it most effective in a massage or a bath. In a bath you can use Geranium, grapefruit, juniper or rosemary and do frequent skin brushing up your limbs from extremities toward the heart. Chamomile tea is good it is both a diuretic and gentle relaxant.

It's probably having to do with the water you're retaining. Plus, eating chocolate isn't going to make the pounds melt away hehe.

Don't worry about it. It happens to me too, and I'm positive we're not the only ones.

Do you lose the "weight" afterwards? That's what should matter.

its a hormonal thing and pamprim will take away the weight gain before a period starts and you shouldnt eat chocolate or use caffine ladies before a period do you ever wonder why your breasts hurt? thats why

I consume lots in the previous my era, yet after it starts i'm ok. customarily this is the salty ingredients I crave. attempt eating a great glass of water while the yearning hits. once you're nonetheless hungry after the water, indulge!

Your body retains water when your on your cycle

You can take midol it helps with the bloating