promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

does signing the birth cirtifacate legally make a guy the dad, if he didnt sign the affidative of parentage ?

Im in Michigan, thanks.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The guy doesnt have to sign ... the woman reports in who she thinks is the old man on the Birth Certificate and that guy is legally obliged.

Once notified, it is incumbent on a guy to request a DNA test if he doubts the Birth Cert claim, but if he doesn't act quickly the crappy assed court system blames him for impregnating the skank and he has to pay.

Source(s): The court system's anti-male bias can blow me.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The only thing to date that makes a man the dad is a positive DNA. He can get a lawyer and contest that he thought he was the dad you lied to him and if he pays the 400. to get one will save him hundreds in child support. He can always claim I was lied to and she was with lots of other guys and lied about that to.

If you are not married, you are going to raise this child alone if he isn't wanting to help you.

Or he doesn't know the law. You can't just pick someone out and say thats the dad. Other wise girls would choose the one with the most money or the best job.

• 1 decade ago

By signing the birth certificate, he is stating that he is the dad. Now, if someone wants proof, they get the DNA test to prove one way or another who is or isnt the father. When I had my youngest son in 1982, his father signed all those papers. ANd legally I could NOT get the fathers name on the birth certificate unless the father signed it himself. Otherwise no mans name can legally be put on there at all. THis is in Illinois.

• 1 decade ago

If he is the biological father you would not be asking this question. All it says is that he is willing to accept the responsibility as a dad.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes it legally makes him the dad. what he does after being named the dad is between the mom and dad to decide

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, and it's spelled certificate (as in certify).

• 1 decade ago

yes it does

• 1 decade ago

yes it certainly does.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.