Lost in love?

my ex of 8 years has left me. we were together since high school and it all happened so fast. A part of me is starting to believe we may never work this out but i am so scared of letting go and never been happy again. She was my one and only true love and no one compares to her. I just cant imagine finding anyone else out there that will make me feel the way she did, as happy as she did and despite what happened, as loved as she did. I only wish i was more in touch with how she was really feeling, but she stopped communicating with me at the end. Is there other people out there that felt like this after a long term first relationship that did actually find better and true happiness again?

Favorite Answer

It sounds like she's making it clear to you that she doesn't want to talk - maybe just not now, maybe never. The only thing you can really do at this point is give her some space. Write her a letter, but make it brief and to the point - no long, rambling, sappy letter that will turn her off. Tell her you love her enough to give her some space, but that you hope she'll talk to you soon... and then do not bug her about it. The next move is hers.

The next thing you need to do is SOMETHING. Get your chin up off that floor and do something positive that you enjoy. Even if it's a movie or something. Go have a beer with your best friend and talk about what's going on. Don't cry over that beer and go on and on about her, but get it out.

Now, remind yourself that you are a person who is worth loving. You deserve someone who loves you and wants to be with you. Maybe it's this girl, and maybe not. If it isn't, nothing you can do will make it so. I'm not saying you have to go back out there right away and get a date. That's probably the worst thing you can do right now. But you have to get a grip on reality and realize there is life after love.

Source(s): 2 failed marriages, after which I decided I was just supposed to be single... whereupon I met my best friend and soulmate

The most important thing is you should never loose the faith in love. There is a karma rule which I believe in. You get what you give or believe. First you need to heel from your ex and then another love is gonna happen.

But don´t set a date I must be in love until november. Love does not happen like that. It will hit you one day when you are ready. I wish you all the best!

• jodie

I know how you feel. It does get easier but sometimes the feeling returns and it is unbelievably painful. You will lose her forever if you do not give her some space to mature. If this is meant to be one day she will return to you. In the meantime try to return to a normal life and don't shut out the possibility of meeting someone you can love and find happiness..

I hope she comes back to you. Good luck!

Hi whitey,

Sorry to hear about the break-up. Been there, done that, and bought the T-shirt. There is a ton of women out there that would love to meet a guy like you. So don't worry. Take care of yourself, try to get over this, and move on. Good luck, and happy hunting.

--Rick

• Isis

Dear Whitey, I also lost a true love. I thought I would never survive. But I did and now I have a wonderful new person in my life. Please don't feel sad. You are a wonderful guy and someday another girl will come walking into your life and you will find what you need the most now: the healing magic of love.

Source(s): your sister, Jazzie.

Try to find someone who understands that, when you're ready. You could go out again, you know.

My parents divorced after a marriage of 15 years. They are now remarried.

Try

www.match.com

www.eharmony.com

absolutely!!!!!!!!!! I thought my first love was the only one for me until I discovered true love inside myself. Unfortunately, it took me 38 years to do that, but once I started to love myself. The world changed for me drastically and I see beautiful women everyday and maybe one of them will be lucky enough to catch my eye and we can start something beautiful together.

yea i did but i worked my way around and she finally took me back it feels like some one gutted you and u dont care to live any more because the only thing going for you was her its the only reason you want to get up from sleeping

i just lost my long term GF too , and i am scared of the same thing .......i think it taes time for the cut to heal and then it will feel better

Life has mysterious ways of healing every kind of wound; be it mental or be it physical. Otherwise, it wouldn't be called LIFE!