promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Does anyone own a volvo s40? Is it worth the money in your opinion?

Does it have fairly good "pick-up"

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Lilly
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have an 02 Volvo S40 (old style) with the 1.9Litter Turbo charged 4 cylinder. It has plenty of pick up. As for the new body style 2004.5 and up the best thing you can get is the T5 and if you want to spend the money the T5 AWD would be the best bet. The T5 has unbelievable pick up with its high pressure turbo. Also if you are interested there are a whole lot of after market horse power add-ons and software available for the T5 models. But either way you cannot go wrong with a Volvo.

I am happy with my 02 model, it is powerful and you can get them for a very affordable "reasonable" price if the price is what concerns you. Good luck shopping around and remember "Volvo for life"

Source(s): Owner of an S40 1.9T and an S80 T6 (hell yeah!!)
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

The Volvo S40 isn't on the Ford concentration platform. It grew to become into/is synthetic in Sweden the place Volvo has constantly been synthetic. not something approximately the two the concentration or S40 resemble one yet another. the only element Ford owned grew to become into the yank marketplace interest, they did not honestly produce any of the automobiles. this is beside the factor although, you will relish the Volvo lots greater beneficial than the Volkswagen. A Volkswagen is a huge vehicle, and that they are only as sturdy as a Volvo. in spite of the shown fact that, a Volvo has a greater clever and smoother experience, the automobiles have self leveling suspension around the line and that they have all wheel guidance. (this suggests while the front wheels turn to the left, the suited rear wheel quickens and the left rear wheel slows down, form of like a tanks tracks) which materials them greater clever grip and are not as squirrelly as yet another vehicle may be in undesirable climatic situations. they also have a climate swap the place you could swap the transmission right into a undeniable climate putting(moist, Snow, or sport). you will not sense sorry approximately switching to a Volvo. I assure you. I had one for 5 years and it in no way gave me a project.

• 1 decade ago

We have a Volvo S40 T5. It is an incredible car for the $30,000 price tag. Go with the new 2004.5+ redesign.

This model should not be confused with the S40 2.4i when it comes to "pick-up".

S40 2.4i - 168hp

S40 T5 - 218hp

Source(s): Owner 2005 Volvo S40 T5, 2004 Dodge Ram Quad, 1998 Jeep Wranger
  • 1 decade ago

Have a read here on the Volvo Forum

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/forum/index.php

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i dont have one but i think its worth it!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.