Ebay Seller Question?

I had a buyer win something from me, but they thought I took paypal. I do not mind canceling their win but I also do not now how. Any serious help would be great!

Favorite Answer

Since it's mutually agreed that the buyer didn't read the listing and can't pay for the item, you can contact ebay and request your insertion and final fee be credited back -or- if someone else also bid and lost you can offer a second chance offer - or- you can just ignore the entire transaction since the winning bidder can't pay.

Here's how I would handle it. Remember you are in control of the item. Tell your buyer that you will accept a check from them but you will hold the check until it clears. I would wait a week to 10 days. Then ship the item. It is your buyer's fault for not reading the fine print. If you really want to get rid of the item, accept the check this one time only and let it be a lesson for you to list "I do not accept Paypal" in future listings. On the sellers' page there are different links on how to solve your problem, such as "non paying bidders" Good luck!

What you can do is send the same amount back into their account or ask paypal customer service.

• ICG

Is this the Ebay forum???

Wow!!

My mistake...