Seinfeld Jewish?

Why are all of the main characters on Seinfeld Jewish?

• yotg
    Favorite Answer

Actually, NON of the main characters in Seinfeld is Jewish, except of Seinfeld himself.

In real life, three out of the four actors are Jewish: Jerry Seinfeld, Jason Alexander and Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

George was American not Italian. I think Seinfeld was the only one who was Jewish. I think he's Jewish in real life. And so is Jason Alexander, or so I read.

I don't recall his publicist ever saying that he is Jewish, as far as I know he was raised Catholic, as you said. I think that people presume that he's Jewish because he played a character (Kramer) who seemed to be Jewish and because some of his features, such as his prominent nose and dark curly hair, are stereotyped as Jewish traits.

It's set in new york city in the middle of the jewish people, there were others shown as well, but after all it was a comedy, and there are loads of Jewish comics.

Jerry's character was the only one Jewish on the show. In 'real life' he and Jason are. God knows what Kramer was! And George--don't forget Festivis!!

because that's the way the writers wanted it. Jerry is in real life and its based on him so that makes sense, and Elaine is, but the rest aren't necesarily as far as I know.

Jerry and George were. Elaine and Kramer, no.

duh!

because he and all the main characters are Jews.

Hope you do not have a problem with this shocking fact.

No their not, but even if they were so what. Best damn sitcom on TV. The best Jerry! The best!! Hell I'm watching it right now on TBS...

George is Italian, and Elaine is not. Kramer is an alien experiment gone awry.