promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

how do you find information on state prisoners in california, release dates ,term of sentence etc.?

calif. state prisoners

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Carole
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I am fairly certain the California Department of Corrections has some inmate information available online. Most prisons and jails will not give the general public information on specific release dates as a matter of security. Victims are exceptions and can be notified of release dates, providing they jump through the appropiate hoops.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

The first answer listed vinelink is your best option. State of California is way behind as far as offender searches and other records searches. No excuse. Yeah, they are a huge state, but so is Florida and Florida's offender search is awesome. Hopefully you won't need more than what vinelink offers or you will end up paying some $$$ depending on how much info you want on a person. Remember too if it's in L.A., L.A. has the biggest county jail system in the U.S. so cross reference if applicable.

http://www.lasd.org/

http://app4.lasd.org/iic/ajis_search.cfm

Good luck.

• 1 decade ago

The only way to get any information is to call (916) 445-6713. They are open 24 hours, but the line stays busy between 8am and 5pm. They will not give you any release date, but they will give you the address to write the inmate, and I think they will tell you the violation.

Source(s): My ex-dude was in there.
  • finlay
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

reality is she/he did not say Washington D.C. became a state she asked in what state it rather is in. which potential the place is it placed. and that i don't prefer to sound mean or impolite yet we did not asked the guy with the "terrific answer" how existence became there we asked in what state it fairly is placed in. P.S. i understand i for my section won't get many votes or something yet human beings bypass of music and began to talk approximately how Washington DC wasn't a state and how it became a federal district. we would desire to appreciate WHICH STATE it rather is IN

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

try some web sites

• 1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.