promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

There's a loud chirping noise when I drive my 92 eagle summit, what would that be and how serious is it?

Update:

I think it may be the alternator belt, but I know almost nothing about cars.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You really do need to provide a little more information. Although if it is coming form the engine compartment, you might have some bad cam bearings or maybe bad alternator bearings. My advice would be take it to a repair shop asap, so it doesn't leave you stranded somewhere.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

this is an extremely extensive question! With a brilliant decision of solutions! Does it "chirp" on an identical time as basically sitting in idle, and get quicker on an identical time as reving it up slightly? if so this is a belt slipping or slightly wore out and brittle because of the chilly! you ought to verify the belts (with motor off) to be certain how plenty slack is in them! must be nomore than a million/2 inch! additionally verify for positioned on and tear ... additionally get a can of belt slip provide up and spray on belts on an identical time as automobile is idleing, if it is going away you understand the subject! this is basically that the belts are ageing and brittle!

• 1 decade ago

If it is the brakes and the pads wear out It can destory the rotor causes you to spend a lot of money . Best thing to do is get your brakes checked asap

• JoeIQ
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Probably brakes are low. They are designed to make that noise so you know they need replaced. Not serious at all, all brakes pads wear out eventually.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Could be the fan belt, if it is coming from the engine.

• 1 decade ago

Need to bemore specific like where is it comeing from ,engine,brakes,transmission????

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.