How long after a workmans comp claim is filed and they surgury is completed is before asettlement is made?

I was released from the doctor in May of 2006 after the second hand surgery and just wanted to know how long it takes to hear from comp about the settlement, I have called on many occasions and can't get my case worker to return my phone calls. No attorney is involved woth this so it should not takwe this long should it?

Favorite Answer

It often takes much longer than this. If I were you, I would seriously consider having someone represent me. It doesn't have to be an attorney, but there are attorneys out there who specialize in workman's comp. I have seen several claims take years and years to settle.

• elmo o

the ins co is going to drag this out as long as possible.

as some one who has doen the comp thing, i wouldn't settle.

as long as the case is open, you still ave medical coverage.

my guess is that you have a carpal tunnel issue. (i cut the fingers off 1 hand)

i still have occasional problems with my fingers. very dr i have seen since has coment on what o good job i got.

savvy?