Minimized windows disappear?

I have seen this question before, but no answer that works for me. My windows are suddenly disappearing when I click minimize, instead of putting an icon on my taskbar. I have to go to task manager to get the window back. Does anyone know how to fix this back the way it was before without having to alt/tab, or use other workarounds? Thanks very much!!

Also, I ran AdAware and nothing changed.

Favorite Answer

If you are using Windows Explorer, it is integrated with IE the Browser, it sounds like you may have a Bad BHO ( Browser Helper Object ) that is damaged, or your Browser has been hijacked one, run a spyware, and Virus Scan to rule this out.. Good Luck

hi if a window is disappears whilst skill the settings interior the taskbar pane are incorrect so u must be checking the residences of the activity bar and uncheck disguise whilst minimised ok