promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why isn't common sense so common anymore??

Everyday someone at asks me a question or advice for a problem which can easily be solved by the askers. They are all intellegent proactive people. Is their problem lack of common sense or just self doubt?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Expectations. In others. Common sense is to come out of the rain, when it's cold. Most have that. Doubt is the affliction of unfufilled expectations of others. The shadow that follows one when the Sun goes down. We seek validation, well most do; sadly most neglect to seek self validation. Doubt. The absense of hope. Easy fix, just turn it around. Absense of doubt; enter hope. No need to seek the opinions of others then, unless you find the answers amusing! I sure do, but that's me!!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Logical thinking is no longer taught in schools. Regurgitate some facts, spew back what the teacher says is true and you pass. Graduate and go to work, do what you're told, don't think, just produce. Go home, turn on the TV watch mindless sitcoms, ridiculous reality shows and don't worry about the news they'll tell you what to think. Spend hours sitting on a computer and realize you don't even have to figure out what to wear tonight, just post it on Answers and wait.

I don't think it's a lack of common sense or self-doubt. I think most of it is just mental laziness. Besides if the choice was wrong, you can blame it on Answers!

• 1 decade ago

Common sense has probably never really been common. Folks who ask you a question or advice for something that is easily solved may just be looking for justification of their own point of view, or a reason not to act at all.(as in someone to blame if they do it wrong)

• Rjmail
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Common sense is an oxymorom.

Common sense has never been that common.

Mostly is means things you could figure out from common knowledge if you had the sense to do it. Or the lack of lazyness.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I agree, there is not much common sense any more, I think it's self doubt.

• 1 decade ago

Common Sense is what tells you the earth is flat.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

common sense is uncommon and people are filled less with self-doubt than with ignorance

• 1 decade ago

usually common sense lol.

• 1 decade ago

"Common Sense" was never common.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Self Doubt.

Common Sense is a dying trade.

And they say I am blonde..OH WAIT..I am

HE HE

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.