Why isn't common sense so common anymore??

Everyday someone at asks me a question or advice for a problem which can easily be solved by the askers. They are all intellegent proactive people. Is their problem lack of common sense or just self doubt?

Favorite Answer

Expectations. In others. Common sense is to come out of the rain, when it's cold. Most have that. Doubt is the affliction of unfufilled expectations of others. The shadow that follows one when the Sun goes down. We seek validation, well most do; sadly most neglect to seek self validation. Doubt. The absense of hope. Easy fix, just turn it around. Absense of doubt; enter hope. No need to seek the opinions of others then, unless you find the answers amusing! I sure do, but that's me!!

Logical thinking is no longer taught in schools. Regurgitate some facts, spew back what the teacher says is true and you pass. Graduate and go to work, do what you're told, don't think, just produce. Go home, turn on the TV watch mindless sitcoms, ridiculous reality shows and don't worry about the news they'll tell you what to think. Spend hours sitting on a computer and realize you don't even have to figure out what to wear tonight, just post it on Answers and wait.

I don't think it's a lack of common sense or self-doubt. I think most of it is just mental laziness. Besides if the choice was wrong, you can blame it on Answers!

Common sense has probably never really been common. Folks who ask you a question or advice for something that is easily solved may just be looking for justification of their own point of view, or a reason not to act at all.(as in someone to blame if they do it wrong)

• Rjmail

Common sense is an oxymorom.

Common sense has never been that common.

Mostly is means things you could figure out from common knowledge if you had the sense to do it. Or the lack of lazyness.

I agree, there is not much common sense any more, I think it's self doubt.

Common Sense is what tells you the earth is flat.

common sense is uncommon and people are filled less with self-doubt than with ignorance

usually common sense lol.

"Common Sense" was never common.

Self Doubt.

Common Sense is a dying trade.

And they say I am blonde..OH WAIT..I am

HE HE