Is Biology II AP hard?

For a high school student, is Biology II AP class hard? Do you have to read Charles Darwin's Books and all that stuff? Or is it interesting and fun, especially to a person who liked Biology I and got good grades?

Favorite Answer

I was an AP teacher for many years and my students were very successful in passing the exam. I gave them more than what they would normally get in a regular college class. If your teachers don't do that, you won't do well on the test. It is easier to get 8 hr. of biology in college than to get a 5 on the AP test. Most of my former students are now in medical school. You have to take the class seriously or forget it.

Probably depends on the school and the teachers. When I was in high school, after about the first quarter of the year, I switched from general Biology to the AP class, and actually found it far easier. My class didn't read Darwin's books, but we did a lot of advanced anatomy work. From the point I joined the class, we dissected a cow eyeball, fetal pig, snake, bird, and a shark (not in that order). I also remember a field trip to the local hospital, and watching a video of an open heart surgery.

It's been about 15 years for me, so sorry I can't provide any further details, but I do remember the shark dissection reeked. Thank god we did that one in winter - took a whole week to finish the dissection, and we stored the specimens in a garbage can outside.

Nope its easy and rediculous. Dont expect to pass the AP exam though for those are too hard, but dont worry about it. Pay attention, because youll have to take the class agin in college and youll have a great edge by doing so.

take it, if you like biology then it should be fun. My rule of thumb is try to take things that intrest you and take the hardest courses your school has to offer.

yeah, it's hard...and also fun. But life is hard...this is just a class. take it and do your best.