promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Kelly asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do you think Kofi Anan can get iran to stop making nukes?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

First off let me say that I'm a big fan of the diplomacy of the UN.

Now with that said, I don't think there is anything anybody can do to stop them from enriching uranium for energy purposes as they have stated. Btw, they have declared repeatedly they have no intentions to develop nuclear weapons.

Iran is a member of the NPT which gives them the authority to enrich uranium for energy purposes as long as they comply with inspectors, as they have.

I personally was hoping we could put a halt to this because I am not comfortable at all with Iran having nuclear capability; but, there doesn't seem to be any valid argument to stop them... NPT membership, they have no history of Al Qaida involvement, etc...

The only argument is that they are an Islamic nation and I don't see how that could be used as a viable reason to prevent this.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. Iran knows that military action against them is going to be a hard sell. North Korea has provided an excellent lesson in how to win at "Nuclear Club Chicken"

Clandestine sabotage by Israel and US is the way. Treat Iran like Cuba. Sell them crappy nuclear technology from people they think are friends, but actually are Mossad. Assasinate their scientists, project administrators and military commanders. Create paranoia and misinformation until they are screwed. Just don't take out Ahminejad, that would be a PR nightmare!!

• 1 decade ago

I would be more impressed if Kofi Annan could get Israel to disarm and then Iran would have no need to have "Nukes". The middle east would do better to be a nuclear free zone - given the hot heads there(Quick Draw Olmert) etal.

• Ah Ha
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

While Kofi Annan was in Iran was probably helping him make them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No. The UN is irrelavant. Nobody cares what they say. Besides, I would be shocked if Kofi could tie his own shoes without help.

• 1 decade ago

No.

Iran won't really give a crap what Kofi will say, they will just keep on making nukes and making up excuses.

• No one
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No, because he is about effective as the UN itself. A complete waste of money and time. Just look at their record if you want to see total failure!!

Chow!!

• 1 decade ago

Depends on the trade offs

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

kofi annan is only doing what the west is saying.. so much for UN

• 1 decade ago

He can't even get his zipper up... how could he get Iran to do anything?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.