What should I do?

My girlfriend, and I; we spend ever Sunday together. She cooks a big meal, and then we sit by the pool, or read together, or something quiet. But the last few weeks after dinner, I have not been able to enjoy her company as I have been feeling very sick. I have a burning pain in my stomach, and I feel like I’m going to throw up, and have diarrhea. Could I have an allergy to something she uses in the food? And how would I find out if I did? I’m normally very healthy, so what could be wrong with me?

I dont want to insult her cooing since it is very good tasteing and becuse id hate to loose her as a girl friend ans secretary she works for me and if i insulted her who knows she might quit and with running my own bussiness i dont have time to find a new secratary

Favorite Answer

It's either the nerves or the food. Try calming down or not eating so much of her food.

You should compliment loving her food and wonderful company and be honest about needing to "take the kids to the pool" as my fiancee puts it. There are several factors you have listed about what's happening that you need to take into account. First, you may be at that age where almost any kind of food promotes bowel movements. That's a good thing in my opinion. Keeps you regular and fit. But adding in the factor of feeling like you may throw up, I must say, is not good. That means your stomach is rejecting its contents because they are BAD for you. Figure out what those things could be by watching her prepare the meal, if possible. Take into account, dairy, meats, soap on dishes, the water she used. I could go on. And lastly, there's nerves. Your relationship could be taking a turn toward unfamiliar avenues. My Jim tossed my dinner after I told him I loved him. Turned out it was a good thing.

Anyway, good luck and at any rate, if it continues, go see your doctor.

You didn't state if the food had a lot of spices or what not. Maybe it's the sauces, spices or something in the ingredients that's causing you to become ill. Do you get sick with all the meals she prepares? how about when you eat somewhere else? Maybe you're eating too much or the food is too rich.

If your relationship is doing well, I wouldn't listen to some people who joke around about her trying to make you sick.

well the easiest way to find out would be to ask her what she uses in the food then maybe try not to eat as much. It could be a number of different things though. If it keeps on happening then i would make an appointment to the the dr.

Is she using alot of hot spices?

And is this the only time u get those symptoms?

Because if it is only her cooking that makes u feel this way,,,,then it is directly some of the spices she uses. Try to explain to her that u might be allergic to them. Im sure she will be compassioniate and use substitutes.

It could be the food or you could have overeaten. Ask her what spices she uses. Some people cannot eat spicy foods.

Tell her that what she cooks is very Delicious and irresistible and so on...an ask her for the recipe...

go home...try some experiment on yourself and see the results......

it could be acid reflux or maybe your gall bladder. or food allergy. go to the doctor tell him/her whats been going on and go from there.

Maybe ask her what she puts in her food...maybe she puts poison in your food.