what strategies did you use to pass the ACT OR SAT?

any advice would help

Favorite Answer

If you are REALLY serious about doing well on these tests, I would recommend purchasing the most recent edition of the study guide for the test you take from The Princeton Review. I used their guide for the GRE and I got excellent scores. It will take hard work and studying to do really well.

When I took my ACT and my SAT, I did at least one sample test for each. Definitely do those and see how you do. If your scores aren't good enough, make sure you do what it takes to raise them.

I would recommend taking the practice exams or buying the practive booklets. These will help you become familiar with the format of the tests. I personally don't think there is much you can do as far as learning the material. By the time you are taking these exams you either know it or you don't. Standardized tests are a joke that can haunt you if you are planing on attending college so get a good nights rest and be prepaired for hours of bordum.

Sleep well the night before and plan for needs that will get you distracted if you ignore them (i.e. - have some water with you in case you get thirsty, use the offer breaks to use the restroom, eat well the morning of the test).

Check your local public library for study books. Check into preparatory classes at a community college. Take a practice test to identify your weak spots and then work on them. Allow time to study - don't try to cram in the week before the test. Ask a math teacher at school if there is something in your studies that doesn't make sense.

I used the practice tests to get a feel for the test and to sort of study, however it's kind of hard to study for a test such as the act or sat. Just make sure you get a lot of rest the night before.

Source(s): I got a 30 on the act

buy the SAt or Act books from the bookstore.

• Sky

When in doubt choose C.

answer the questions correctly