Fundraising ideas?

I am trying to come up with some original fundrasing ideas. I am the leader of a group of wives who's husbands are deployed to Iraq and we would like to send them some care packages. Any ideas on new ways to raise money?

Favorite Answer

Special events seem to work really well, especially if you have a good publicity plan and can get donors to help with some of the expenses.

Here are a few possibilities:

* Host an afternoon park party for kids, with games, refreshments, and prizes. Charge admission.

* Have a fashion show. Ask boutiques and shops to participate. Set up the runway and charge admission.

* Invite local restaurants to participate in a food festival. Have them rent booths from you. (They'll get paid for their food and they'll get free publicity.) Charge admission.

pizza sales.

or find a way to hold a bazaar, Get a big hall that will let you do this, have arts and crafts booths, have at home booths( avon, mary kay, and so on), have a bake sale area where people can donate or buy baked items, have little games like a jail and bail booth you pay to get a person in and you can either make people stay in for 15 minutes or where they can not get out unless someone matches the donation, a paddle wheel where you can win a 6 pack of soda if your number comes up ( use 12 or 18 numbers and fill at least six everytime. buy soda buy the case for it is cheaper and if you talk to a company like coke cola they may give you a discount), a cake walk, a silent auction table, a table with donated items snd you sell tickets for a 25 cents and so on.

Good luck If you live in the neenah wisconsin area i would love to help you

I have not started it yet but I believe it is an excellent idea and they were legit in sending me the ups labels pretty quick. www.phoneraiser.com. you can easily print out instructions and pricing lists of phones and they also keep tabs with you. Basically what you do is go around to neighbors or businessess asking them for their old cell phones, you then package them up and ship them with the prepaid ups labels they mail you. What got me started was the fact I had three cellphones alone in my home that I had no idea what to do with, problem is people are dumping them and it is not good for our environment, I also find this feasable because you will not be asking for money and it is for a good cause. Good luck and God Bless:-)

Source(s): www.phoneraiser.com

What state or province do you call home..as a fundraiser

I may be able to help. or put you in touch with other companies

Good Luck and Happy Fundraising

Source(s): www.peelers.ca www.peelers.lovablelabels.ca
  • Sky

I would do like a community pot luck or something like that. People are always attracted to something if there is food. You can ask for a donation per plate.

carwash