RWH asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

How much money does dog teen sitter make?

My son is 17. He is very responsible boy. Lately a neighbor with dog wants him to be sleep in dog sitter while they are absent. What is the rate is fair?

thanks

• Chetco
    Favorite Answer

$20 per day...unless food is supplied, then $15 per day...At least that is what is charged here..

Tell him that if he keeps a good journal, he is likely to get a good tip!

He might offer to bathe the dog for an extra $20...

Source(s): dog breeder since 1968

I watched dogs in phoenix and i got 30 a day for 2 dos and if they were over nighters i charged 40 dollars. it worth it to some people to do this if they feel guilty leaving their dogs in kennels locked up In a 4 by 4 cage. if you have more than one dog form different family have a play date to make sure they will not fight, you would not want to loose a persons dog.

For the past two summers I paid a teenager $10-$15 a day to sit with my two dogs when we went out of town. She was not there all day, but often stayed at night. When she stayed all night I gave her $15. At the time I had two dogs, and one is diabetic. She had to give him twice daily insulin shots. She also had the use of my satellite television, refrigerator, computer, and phone.

I pay $25 per day for an overnight housesitter here in the upper mid-west. I would say about $20-$25

I get 30 dollars a weekend for dogsitting...non live in....I would say 40-50 buckerones a day. I am only 13 so what do I know! lol