promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Swimming Question?

i can swim pretty well i just cant float. i cant just stand in the water in float. are there any tips that anybody can give me to help me float.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Im assuming you dont mean floating on your back. Your probly wondering how people in the movies can be vertical in the water and floating. Well for one they arent really doing it, but it can be done, just not as gracefully. You have to keep your arms and legs moving, kind of like doggy paddling but not really. Put your arms in front of you and keep moving them out to your sides and back and keep your feet kicking smoothly, like your wearing flippers.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i learned because i had to-caught in r/tide--relax-a must- feel your body become one w/ the water-keep head back-let water take over above the ears-arms out -and you will do it-it's hard because when the water comes by your ears-you feel uncomfortable-but that Will fade and you will float-to the point of meditation-water is much powerful then you-so you need it to take over-set your mind to it-swimming/ocean is one of my saviors-but also a very dark place if you don't know it's power and your limits-enjoy

• 1 decade ago

u have to completely inflate ur lungs and spread yourself out u may sink a couple of inches at first but u will rise again

• 1 decade ago

Keep your lungs inflated. Breathe in,but don't breath out fully. Leave some air in your lungs each time you exhale.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • sup yo
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

so u cant stand in deep water?? okay u just move ur arms and legs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.