promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

How can this be reconciled to the rapture theory?

Would God make us come back to earth and our old bodies?

1 Thes. 4:13. But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that WE WHCIH ARE LAIVE AND REMAIN UNTO THE COMING OF THE LORD SHALL NOT PREVENT (go before) THEM WHICH ARE ASLEEP. 16. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and THE DEAD IN CHRIST SHALL RISE FIRST: 17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Update:

bigez and kingreef--

If this is about judgemnts how can anyone be in heaven with God now? It is talking about the rightous.... being raised in this verse... It just don't compute....

Update 2:

marianne.... it does not sound like the rapture to me ... It sounds very noisy!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

There ain't no rapture!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • cgi
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

No God isn't going to make you come back. You leave your bodies here. Your question is about time. God is outside of time. The dead go first. You are next. You probably won't know when the dead leave, but you will know when the living leave if you don't believe in God. God is making a new place for us. If you ask why God doesn't do that now? He could but He has set His own time table and we don't need to worry about that. We just need to follow the Bible and do as He instructs us to do. If it happens that what you think is an angel appears to you, be careful because Satan can also appear as a being of light, but you will know if the being is false if you study God's word now because the being will try to trick you. God says He will come from the sky and not from earth. The being may be from earth.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That IS the rapture..... the dead in christ rise first from the dead (spirits united with former bodies) and meet christ in the air, and then those who are living go up afterwards. In both cases, the bodies become glorified, and are no longer fleshly, like they are now. There are no decomposed bodies going up.....this is describing the ressurection of the dead, and the bodies are changed instantly as soon as the spirit re-enters the body. This is an ancient teaching in the bible....and jesus was the first to demonstrate it

• 1 decade ago

Once those with the *heavenly hope* get their new immortal spirit bodies, they keep them forever. We come back to earth with immortal bodies.

Isaiah 65:22,23 for like the days of a tree will the days of my people be, and the work of their own hands my *chosen ones* will use to the full. They will not toil for nothing, nor will they bring to BIRTH for disturbance, because they are the offspring made up of the *blessed ones* of YHWH/Jehovah, and their descendants with them.

1Corinthians 15:50-57 However, this I say, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit God's kingdom, neither does corruption inherit incorruption. Look! I tell you a sacred secret: We shall not all fall asleep in death, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, during the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised up *incorruptible,* and we shall be changed. for this which is corruptible must put on incorruption, and this which is mortal must put on *immortality.*

But when this which is corruptible puts on incorruption and this which is mortal puts on *immortality,* then the saying will take place that is written: "Death, where is your victory? Death where is your sting?"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

REALITY CHECK

the rapture is a fictitious ting made up by the church i have read rev. it never says rapture.

time is of no consiquence to god. this world will come and go in the blink of an eye.

we will be taken up. but when was the last time in your walk with christ did he stop somthing bad hapening to you.

Source(s): look at job
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

debydoo,

bigez3804 was right. It 's about the Rapture. Don't you want to go in the Rapture? I know that you've been taught to doubt it, but it is worth looking into, or is that what you are doing, checking it out?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

This has nothing to do with the rapture, this is about the second coming of the Lord and his judgements.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.