HOw do i get my internet wireless?

we add the linksys adapter to my computer and all it is giving me is limited or no connectivity. it sayes i am connected to the access point and they work but y can't i connect to the internet this way i have to still us dial up. HELP?

Favorite Answer

Do you have a wireless router? It may be encrypted, in which case your computer and the router must use the same keycode.

You dont have true wireless internet. We have a dish mounted outside and do not dial up we are on always and we are wireless. you should be connected all the time 24 hrs a day. You dont need to dial up etc. our internet service is by satellite dish. call your company, you are not set up right or something in your setting perhaps--

Good Luck

are you feeding off of ur neighbor's wireless signal? That's not a good idea.. cause its illegal and signals not good. just get dsl or cable.... dial up takes FOREVER