anyone know if i can make good money doing hvac work?

hvac air cond. heating work

Favorite Answer

You can, BUT, Most working make less than 10% of what the owner makes. I have been doing it for 22 years and have found that I make more money on the side than doing my main job. But it will range from $12 to $25 an hour working for someone else. When I work alone, I easily make over $75 to $200 an hour

They do pretty well but the best thing is a good HVAC technician will always have a job, they are in great demand. The work can be difficult because you end up in basements, mechanical rooms, rooftops and other places where the weather might affect you. Also, you spend a lot of time on your knees or squatting, and I know guys that have had to have knee replacements when they were 50. But overall, I think it is a good field to be in.

• Lydia

I guess it depends where you are, but you really can - once you have your certification, your journeyman papers, and red seal so you can work anywhere. There's good money in both the a/c-heating end, and in the sheet metal end of it.

definitely