mschoen2u asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

i used a black light and saw very place my dog has peed, I need a solution to get rid of the odors.?

Favorite Answer

I'd suggest white spirit and biological washing powder - two seperate treatments of washing the area. That's what I use for cats and that's much more potent.

Here's a cheap effective way. After you clean the area real good. Use coffee grounds. Make a pile (just a handful) where ever the odor in. Shut the door and let it sit for a few hours. The coffee should soak up the odor. Vacuum up the coffee and you should be good to go.

• mole

you can also rent a rug doctor if you don't have a shampooer to use the special pet odor shampoo. it may take a couple times to get it up. if you cant afford that, there is a special pet odor chemical that is sold in walmart that works really good. its in the pet supplies. another old fashion remedy would be using a mixture of vinegar, lemon juice (not alot just enough) and water and spray all urine spots. that would get rid of the smell and keep your poochy from peeing in the same spot

Most vet hospital have GREAT urine elimination products. Also check out Foster & Smith online. Anything you find needs to have the enzymes that break up organic material to completely get rid of it. The second answer you got about Natures Miracle is the stuff in the vet hospital I was talking about. It's in pet stores too and it does work very well!

Source(s): RVT

Try goin to a pet store like PETCO,Pet Supplies Plus,Wal Mart or Target even the Dollar Store,OR go to petco.com and order the pet oder spray! Evercare is the spray

Nature's Miracle.

It cleans up the stains and smells.

Source(s): My parents run a dog rescue. They swear by the stuff.

poop on it, thatll get rid of the pee smell